Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (crabbott, tbkkfile, bluesky, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#320407 - 01/27/10 08:17 PM Letter from my Big Brother
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
I thought I would share this one letter that I received from my big brother today. I took out names to protect those that were named.

My Dearest Little Brother,

I pray all is well and your peace and joy are full in the Lord Jesus Christ! I love you little brother and I miss you with all my heart!

Iím not mad that you worry about things like the civil commitment centers and other situations about me. It just shows how much you love me. I truly doubt that my situation would cause them to want to commit me to a center.

It sounds like to me that the doctors caught M.Bís condition early, and hopefully what they did for her will give her body the strength to recover quickly. Please tell the Bís that Iíll be praying for them.

As for the idea of counseling it might be a good idea if you can find someone or let God lead you to someone, maybe even my counselor? Not sure how full her schedule is or if she would be willing to take you on as a client. I hope that I was able to answer your questions about what I told her about you. Obviously I told her what an awesome little brother you are!

It was really good talking to you on the phone on Wednesday and you really sound great. Especially about how much this website is helping you to understand more about why you have some of the problems you do. I canít tell you how much peace I feel about this website and how it is benefitting you and your recovery process.

It makes me think back to the time I was in the county jail and God held the mirror up to my heart and showed me just how ugly I had been in the past. I didnít think I would ever quit crying!

I think this is a process that God wants to take us all though. I know for myself I thought I was doing alright most of the time, but I was wrong. I know you were concerned that I understood how much this has impacted your life. I do! As I stated in my last letter to you, my desire is to help people whose life has been torn apart by sexual abuse, and anything from my past or present situation I would be willing to use! Like I was saying that both are broken. The abused and the abuser both are in need of healing.

I had a pretty good idea that the abuse contributed to a big part of your behavior, but I didnít have the knowledge to help you past the point of loving you as my little brother. I know this much and that is God is large and in charge and if we put our trust in him we cannot fail!

I do agree and accept that we are the way we are, and we have qualities that we each have. Some good, some not so good, but mostly good! The awesome thing about it is that God has caused our paths to cross in this life and we share a love and respect that is rare! We need to share it with the world! What I see for sure is that we both give the credit to God! You know that you mean the world to me little brother and how much I love you and every time you tell me about how God is helping you gain victory over the damage done by this abuse makes my heart leap for joy!!

Please tell your mom I said thank you for the Christmas card, even though it was late it means a lot to me! I hope you like the birthday card I sent you. I thought it was funny. Well, little brother, this is not a 5 page letter but I think we said most of what was needed on the phone so I well end this here and say I love ya and Iíll catch you later!

LYFE
Your big brother

my story

my vlog

#320411 - 01/27/10 08:58 PM Re: Letter from my Big Brother [Re: Obi]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
It is a beautiful thing when God works in a heart. I wish my older brother could accept the peace and forgiveness that comes with Jesus. It did wonderful things in my heart and really is the driving force for me to avoid the things my brother did. Keep your eyes on the prize Obi and encourage your brother to do the same.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#320438 - 01/27/10 11:55 PM Re: Letter from my Big Brother [Re: catfish86]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
Obi,

Awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us. The love is just oozing out of it. You are both very special men!

Jim

My Story

#322003 - 02/13/10 05:52 PM Re: Letter from my Big Brother [Re: Jim1961]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
There is nothing like a brother's love for his brother. Nothing.
I forget that at times.

Thanks for reminding me Obi,

Rocco

Edited by Casmir213 (02/13/10 05:54 PM)

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#322009 - 02/13/10 07:12 PM Re: Letter from my Big Brother [Re: Casmir213]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
thanks rocco... you're right, there's nothing else like it...

i just wanted to share this with everyone here. share that recovery IS possible and to have true brotherly love IS possible...

my story

my vlog

#322039 - 02/14/10 12:40 AM Re: Letter from my Big Brother [Re: Obi]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother.

A beautiful & powerful letter, from your brother.

Awsome, and it mentions God, someone trusting in HIM.

Sure wish that i had that much trust in God.

Heal well my fraternal brother Obi, heal well & the same goes for your older brother.

Little Pete & big Pete, trying desperately to become 1.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.