Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (AdawgJR, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64204 Topics
448042 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#322264 - 02/15/10 09:11 PM Re: Oprah Looking For Survivors [Re: pufferfish]
jtafoya11 Offline

Loc: new mexico
i think opraah did handle it to the point that was educatred the public,but i wouldnt go on national televisoin i think it would not be good to me i need to work through my issues here and with my therapist

#322280 - 02/15/10 11:46 PM Re: Oprah Looking For Survivors [Re: jtafoya11]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I just watched it on Tivo with my wife. A lot of that sounds very familiar. Oprah did do a good job with this one.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#322305 - 02/16/10 10:12 AM Re: Oprah Looking For Survivors [Re: pufferfish]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
I think Oprah is performing an excellent role in educating the public about the nature of child sexual abuse.

I saw this too, and I agree.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#322312 - 02/16/10 12:06 PM Re: Oprah Looking For Survivors [Re: catfish86]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Originally Posted By: catfish86
I just watched it on Tivo with my wife. A lot of that sounds very familiar. Oprah did do a good job with this one.

Just finished streaming it. Very powerful, and Oprah managed to rein herself in to a degree, and give a public service by having the whole family's input and giving a plug for RAINN at the end.

Gregg Mulligan himself was also articulate enough not to have too many words put down his mouth by Oprah so it was a very balanced interview because she didn't get away with her usual "didn't you enjoy it" bullshit and rephrased "how did it feel" as "tell us what it did to you". Hopefully it'll get parcelled into 4 parts on Youtube so can be seen long after it goes off her site for the sections that were helpful.

On reflection, if it wasn't such a rounded packaged story IE his mother is dead, he moved on to marry and have a child that grew up fine - you'd wonder if that programme would have turned out as above-average as it was compared to her siding with female offenders in the past.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (02/16/10 02:05 PM)

#322382 - 02/17/10 12:32 AM Re: Oprah Looking For Survivors [Re: ComicBookGuy]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Does anybody know what the schedule is for these events? Is Oprah going to do one per week for awhile or what?

Also, are they genuinely available on Oprah website?

Allen

pufferfish

#322404 - 02/17/10 06:55 AM Re: Oprah Looking For Survivors [Re: pufferfish]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
No idea about the schedule, there was a week's gap between the male offender special and the Gregg Mulligan single show. So maybe we'll have the female offender special by the end of the month.

On the day they're on TV there are only trailers on the website, the day after transmission the whole episode minus ads (but leaving in those annoying MTV "coming up" and "recap" mini-clips) is uploaded. No idea how long they stay there for, so watch fast.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (02/17/10 06:55 AM)

#322920 - 02/22/10 01:03 AM Re: Oprah Looking For Survivors [Re: ComicBookGuy]
An Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
Both are still on website- just take a little digging. new one still easy to find BUT must look in both cases for the ones noted as 00.00.00 as their time vs the 2 minute ad blurbs.

first show worth looking for- was twice lenght of sho as show was 2edited hrs into the commercial show hr (and NO commercials on the site videos- its broken into 4 parts and better than show for info but again you have to scroll back looking under VIDEOs - today it was back to page 5 but each day will move page/s . again look for the 00.00.00 timed ones. wish she'd made those download/recordable.
worth the tiny bit of finding effort for sure- just wish shed had a professional to guide the second one. felt it was little more sensationlized than the first show despite good intentions.

but totally worth watching. Heal on~ An

Edited by An (02/22/10 01:04 AM)
Edit Reason: clarifications

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.