Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443286 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#321474 - 02/08/10 09:44 PM Just Keep Stabbing Me
Letourski Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey guys,

Over the last 3 days I have been receiving harassing phone calls from an unknown source. The first voicemail I received he uttered some homosexual slurs and wished that I die. I thought that he dialed the wrong number and didn't make too much of it. I received yet another call the following day and he left me a second voicemail making a comment specifically related to the abuse I suffered at age 7.

This was no coincidence. Someone somehow got my number and I either knows my abuse story firsthand or was told by someone else. There are only a few people who know what this guy is talking about.

As of now I feel okay. I was overwhelmed by anxiety earlier today but that was soon replaced with good old fashioned rage. I felt very angry and for some reason that felt better.

This guy is a coward. He called a third time only this time I answered my phone, he hung up. So now I am faced with feelings of the past because of this prick (excuse my language).

As the title states I feel as if I am being stabbed all over again. The wound is bleeding.

Thanks.

#321481 - 02/08/10 11:07 PM Re: Just Keep Stabbing Me [Re: Letourski]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I would go to the police, it may be your perp or someone that knows him trying to harass you. Telephone harassment is a criminal offense. Ask for a sex crimes detective and tell them your story. If the guy calls you again they will deal with him in their own special way. Part of recovery is learning to stand-up for ourselves. This guy is harassing you, it is time to make it stop.

Hope that you can feel more secure soon,

Mark

#321489 - 02/08/10 11:54 PM Re: Just Keep Stabbing Me [Re: Trucker51]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Agreed on that with Trucker51. The power of abusers is the silence of the victim. If you don't play that game, it ends. The best move is breaking out of the box they create for you. Calling the police is a first step. Making prudent plans and preparations, mentally and physically to deal with an attack are a good idea. Myself, I have a license to carry a pistol. Unfortunately Canada has a different view of honest citizens and guns. But make what preparations are available, a can of mace and keeping a flashlight on your person (small LED maglights are very bright) are some suggestions. With the mace, read the instructions and be very familiar with its proper and effective use. A cell phone for emergencies with emergency numbers programmed in for locations you frequent is also highly recommended.

When you recieve threats, you can only take them at their word, but at the same token, don't give them control of your life. Take prudent steps for self defense which are never a bad idea anyway and continue your life.

Edited by catfish86 (02/08/10 11:56 PM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#321494 - 02/09/10 12:25 AM Re: Just Keep Stabbing Me [Re: catfish86]
Jaifian Offline

Loc: washington state, USA
Yeah, Trucker said it. That's something you should talk to the police about.

#321497 - 02/09/10 12:43 AM Re: Just Keep Stabbing Me [Re: Jaifian]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'd have to agree with the other guys. You deserve to not have to put up with this and getting the authorities involved probably isn't such a bad idea. They might even be able to track where the calls are coming from.

#321510 - 02/09/10 02:04 AM Re: Just Keep Stabbing Me [Re: ericc]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
DO YOU HAVE CALLER ID ?

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#321527 - 02/09/10 10:03 AM Re: Just Keep Stabbing Me [Re: OKIE MIKE]
J1 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Missouri
Yes...Call the local authorities, and be willing to agree to press charges, and / or prosecute. In general the law enforcement folks get a lot of these reports, and at some level, they cannot always allocate resources to working on it, unless the reporting party agrees to follow through, after an investigation. In many cases you will not even be told who the suspect is, and it may be dealt with, absent your awareness. Typically, this is because, in most cases, the caller is known to the reportee, and many drop prosecution, after they learn its someone they least suspected.

If a cell phone or a landline, there is generally technology to trap any call, even blocked caller i.d. The next issue becomes if they are calling from a public,shared, large office, pay or throw away type cell phone. In any case, filing the report gives you some connection with the local authorities and that can be a good thing.

Personalizing a contact with Law enforcement is always better than just dialing in to the main desk. It also is a great thing to write a compliment to the police commander, if and when an officer does a good job. They all get lots of negative calls on trivial matters, so a positive remark, when deserved, is a proper form to make the officers day a lot better.

You can change your number perhaps, but its likely someone is close to you or somehow you are missing the potential callers connection to you...its , again, often someone you least suspect. I used to get these calls, and a simple hangup, without engaging them in a chat or even letting them know they reached me, would generally suffice. Even saying who is this or bug off, can make them more excited and prone to call again. Change your routine, push your calls to a voice mail, change your number, list the number in another name...I use my dogs name...

Jeff

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.