Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (VASurvivor, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63417 Topics
443370 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#322187 - 02/15/10 02:04 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Sans Logos]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
I am buying Healing The Shame That Binds You first of all, after that, I'll get to this.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (02/16/10 10:37 AM)

#323696 - 03/01/10 01:56 PM Re: ken singer's book [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
well i made a review at amazon.com but i don't know what the deal is, if they approve comments or what, because it's not showing up there yet. in the event it gets lost there, i am making it here as well:

==================

Ken Singer LCSW's release 'Evicting the Perpetrator' comes as a result of 30+ years experience working with sexual abuse victim/survivors as well as juvenile and adult abusers. This book has been written not only for survivors, their family members and those who love them, but as well for the the mental health professionals who will eventually welcome them to their couches. His ideas are expressed and articulated with the same spirit and intention that has guided his work as a clinical therapist: 'in the hope of preventing more victims', and to help others already touched by the hand of sexual abuse and assault, to overcome its legacy.

Mr. Singer begins with the premise that if 'knowledge is power', then the effort of this book is ultimately about empowerment. And that empowerment comes through gaining in understanding of the perp's methodology, breaking the patterns of fear, confusion and hopelessness, which often lead to poor coping strategies such as self-defeating and unproductive behaviors.

The stage is neatly set at the very beginning of the book as he explains the trauma of abuse and its long lasting effects on brain chemistry, ultimately storing the remnants of the injuries in the wiring of the brain. After the experience of abuse has been denied, ignored or forgotten, over time, sometimes for years or decades later, the faulty wiring takes its toll, causing structural changes in the brain, further impeding its ability to process normal reflexive and instinctive responses, and thus allowing the survivor to suppress the damaging effects of the trauma.

The remedy unfolds in subsequent pages of the book, as Mr. Singer carefully lines out the steps that must be taken in order to restore happy and harmonious lives. Throughout the book, leaning toward the use of layman's terminology, he presents his ideas clearly and succinctly, while in the process inspiring the survivor to mobilize and channel their emotional resources for more efficient use.

As a survivor of both incest and rape, I have been working recovery solutions for 35+ years. Mr. Singer's knowledge is appreciated as an invaluable cutting edge addition to the library of current sexual abuse/assault recovery texts. In my opinion it earns its place on the shelf beside others that have for decades inspired healing and recovery successes for survivors and their loved ones.

Ron Schulz, aka Sans Logos
Moderator MaleSurvivor.org

#324810 - 03/11/10 04:22 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
My copy just arrived. smile

Whoopee!!!

Allen

#324815 - 03/11/10 05:11 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: pufferfish]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Great review Ron, short and too the point. Ken PMed me and told me that you had written one there. Now we just need a few other members to write Amazon reviews too. I'm busy with school until the weekend, might be able to write another one for Amazon then. For those of you that haven't yet seen it, my review of Ken's book is in the latest edition of the MS newsletter.

Good work Ron, I feel that Ken's book is a powerful tool,

Mark

#324844 - 03/11/10 07:09 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Trucker51]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
I received my copy too.

Already reading it.

I sure need to evict my perpertrator.
He's been living in me 55+ years.

Heal well my brothers, heal well.

Little Pete & big pete ..but 1 (Irishmoose.)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#324847 - 03/11/10 07:23 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Trucker51]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
mark, i'd say you already had an excellent start with that article you wrote in the newsletter. you'd just have to extract the finer points, and copy and paste it. i don't know who that person was who made the other comment on amazon. even though he was trying to be negative by calling ken's work a 'cookbook' i kind of think of that as a compliment. just give me a gourmet recipe anytime, and from a master chef at that!!!! youda thunk after reading that that ken was somehow victimizing survivors by creating his work. i guess some people just love to complain and that's understandable when they apparently don't know any other way to present themselves. sux to be where they are, so says i,

warm regards,

ron

#325854 - 03/21/10 09:07 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Sans Logos]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Ron,
The other reviewer also blasted Mic Hunters book which is rated an average of 4 out of 5 with 20 reviews. So I wouldn't take his review too seriously

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#333864 - 06/16/10 08:07 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: onlyakid]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Hi,

I got the book today from amazon.com. Wow, delivery was super fast - only 2 days from America to Russia.

I am now eager to read the book from cover to cover.

Thank you, Ken!

Regards,
Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#335734 - 07/10/10 06:05 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: alexey]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Hmm it is kind of hard for me to start reading this book. I think I fear coming way down to my oblivion of repressed feelings... The right time time for book will come though. I am positive.

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#337176 - 07/29/10 03:56 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: alexey]
Huxlay Offline

Thanks for interesting discussions. Discussions are always the main source of accurate information and to ensure a comfortable results, you can get immediate and reliable information, which will definitely help you in every area of your concern.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.