Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, watzupwitu, dan_in_newengland), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447696 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#321085 - 02/03/10 11:47 AM Ken Singer's book: 'Evicting the Perpetrator'
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
here's the link to purchase thru our bookstore

i just completed my order.

total: $30. 24 + 6 SH

you can also get them at the conference [and not have to pay shipping].

all the best,

ron

#321243 - 02/06/10 05:08 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Sans Logos]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
It would be nice if this book will be available at Amazon to be shipped to Moscow. Thanks for update, Ron.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#321264 - 02/06/10 01:34 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: alexey]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Hi Alexey:
I don't know how Amazon works with Moscow but I was told it should be up on Amazon shortly, hopefully thru the MS bookstore so the org gets a cut of the cost.

#321447 - 02/08/10 01:41 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hey Ken,

Thank you for information, and I will wait for the Amazon availability of the book. This store works with Russia, or at least Amazon.co.uk does (I bought some books there). I am looking forward to owning a copy of your book.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------

#321448 - 02/08/10 01:42 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Ken Singer's book is now available through Amazon. Please use the Bookstore link off our homepage to get the book and help MaleSurvivor both at the same time.

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#321482 - 02/08/10 11:08 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Ken Followell]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Cool, but by using the MS Link above, will Amazon US want to ship to the UK without ripping one of my arms off for the postage? Do you have a British publisher lined up at all? It's not even listed at the .co.uk side yet, and sold out at the moment.

I could get an American friend to buy it and ship it directly still giving MS the money but saving me a bundle of time, so let me know how it's meant to work.

#321514 - 02/09/10 02:43 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: ComicBookGuy]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
I join CBG. The shipment to Russia costs more than the book. However, Amazon.co.uk offers reasonable shipment rates to Moscow. I will wait for the UK debut of the book.

(")_(")
--------

#321600 - 02/09/10 11:14 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: alexey]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
US Postal Service Global Priority mail is $13.45 for a one of their standard Global Priority mailers containing up to 4 lbs, $50 worth of insurance is an extra $2.50. The shipping cost from the US is the same to Great Britain or to Russia. I have not yet seen the size of Ken's book, but my guess is that it will fit the standard mailer envelope and that it weighs less than 4 pounds. Filling-out the Customs Declaration by hand takes 10 minutes tops, much less if the shipper has that software on their computer. USPS Global Priority should take 7-10 days to any major city in Great Britain or western Russia.

Just to let you guys know what I found on the USPS website concerning foreign shipping costs for a single book in a standard Global Priority mailer. It might cost a little extra to have someone tape it all up nice and take it down to the Post Office, but I wonder if the book's publisher would be equipped to offer Global Priority shipping themselves???

$16.00 wouldn't be too bad for shipping the book from the US to Moscow or London including insurance coverage, $13.45 without insurance.

Mark

#321627 - 02/10/10 01:06 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Trucker51]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

I can't speak for Russia but like you said Mark, the weight will figure more than the cost, especially if Amazon will ship it under printed matter rates (if the USPS has those). I'm pretty sure the US cost of the book scrapes under 18 Sterling so my customs won't be a problem.

The book was only out 9 days ago, thanks for explaining the options, it's a definite buy from somewhere at some point, but I'll catch up with the rest of the books on the pile to review for childabusesurvivor.net before getting Ken's.

#321690 - 02/10/10 01:20 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: ComicBookGuy]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
There's some way in which we can order it (Ken Singer's new book: Evicting the Perpetrator)through Amazon dot com and MS gets some money from it. Does anybody know how to do this. It works with other purchases made through MS. But frankly I don't know how to do it.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#321692 - 02/10/10 01:28 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: pufferfish]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

#321701 - 02/10/10 02:26 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Trucker51]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

This is Amazon's page with shipping policies and rates:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596194&#general

Only priority shipping is applicable to Russia. I will wait. I am sure more options to order this book will be available in time.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------

#321710 - 02/10/10 03:51 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: alexey]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Alexey:

It would cost $24 for the book and another $16 to ship it to Russia using a USPS Global Priority standard mailer including $50 worth of insurance, and you could have it in 7-10 days. You might contact Neari Press and see if they would be able to help you out. They might tack-on a little extra handling charge too, but it shouldn't be too much extra.

http://bookstore.nearipress.org/

Mark

#321839 - 02/11/10 04:49 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

my book just arrived. i love the smell of fresh books!

#321842 - 02/11/10 04:54 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

My copy of it is in pdf format in my downloads, my review of it is in the most recent MS newsletter that came out yesterday. My copy is already well-worn.

Check-out my review!!!

#321843 - 02/11/10 05:05 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Sans Logos]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Glad to see that you got it so fast. I sent out a few copies today to folks who were very helpful in the writing process and was taken back by the cost of shipping (and padded envelope to protect that new book smell.)

The envelope, in multi-pack purchase, comes out to over a buck apiece and the postage, for first class is around
$8 and change.

So, $6 seems like a bargain.

By the way, the picture on the cover is my son-in-law and an artist. His son, my grandson, was not yet 4. I showed him the picture a couple months ago and said, "Who's that?" "Daddy", he said. "And what's he doing?" I asked. "He's opening his head".

#321855 - 02/11/10 08:26 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
What's up with the spider...(on the cover)...???

Wait a second...that's not a spider...!!!

Boris the spider (The Who)

island

#321862 - 02/11/10 09:19 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: 1islandboy]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: 1islandboy
Wait a second...that's not a spider...!!!

you got that right .... it's a SNAKE

i don't like spiders and snakes -- (jim stafford)

#321961 - 02/13/10 07:40 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Trucker51]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Mark,

Thank you for this information. I have already written an e-mail to the book store and I hope they ship internationally.

Thank you.
Alexey

(")_(")
--------

#322043 - 02/14/10 01:04 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: alexey]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

I ordered the book through our bookstore. Amazon, so MS should get some monetary value.

They estimate my deleivery time the first 2 weeks in March.

I paid $27.99 including shipping to Texas.

Heal well my fraternal brothers, heal well.

Little Pete & big Pete, trying desperately to become 1.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#322187 - 02/15/10 02:04 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Sans Logos]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am buying Healing The Shame That Binds You first of all, after that, I'll get to this.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (02/16/10 10:37 AM)

#323696 - 03/01/10 01:56 PM Re: ken singer's book [Re: Sans Logos]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

well i made a review at amazon.com but i don't know what the deal is, if they approve comments or what, because it's not showing up there yet. in the event it gets lost there, i am making it here as well:

==================

Ken Singer LCSW's release 'Evicting the Perpetrator' comes as a result of 30+ years experience working with sexual abuse victim/survivors as well as juvenile and adult abusers. This book has been written not only for survivors, their family members and those who love them, but as well for the the mental health professionals who will eventually welcome them to their couches. His ideas are expressed and articulated with the same spirit and intention that has guided his work as a clinical therapist: 'in the hope of preventing more victims', and to help others already touched by the hand of sexual abuse and assault, to overcome its legacy.

Mr. Singer begins with the premise that if 'knowledge is power', then the effort of this book is ultimately about empowerment. And that empowerment comes through gaining in understanding of the perp's methodology, breaking the patterns of fear, confusion and hopelessness, which often lead to poor coping strategies such as self-defeating and unproductive behaviors.

The stage is neatly set at the very beginning of the book as he explains the trauma of abuse and its long lasting effects on brain chemistry, ultimately storing the remnants of the injuries in the wiring of the brain. After the experience of abuse has been denied, ignored or forgotten, over time, sometimes for years or decades later, the faulty wiring takes its toll, causing structural changes in the brain, further impeding its ability to process normal reflexive and instinctive responses, and thus allowing the survivor to suppress the damaging effects of the trauma.

The remedy unfolds in subsequent pages of the book, as Mr. Singer carefully lines out the steps that must be taken in order to restore happy and harmonious lives. Throughout the book, leaning toward the use of layman's terminology, he presents his ideas clearly and succinctly, while in the process inspiring the survivor to mobilize and channel their emotional resources for more efficient use.

As a survivor of both incest and rape, I have been working recovery solutions for 35+ years. Mr. Singer's knowledge is appreciated as an invaluable cutting edge addition to the library of current sexual abuse/assault recovery texts. In my opinion it earns its place on the shelf beside others that have for decades inspired healing and recovery successes for survivors and their loved ones.

Ron Schulz, aka Sans Logos
Moderator MaleSurvivor.org

#324810 - 03/11/10 04:22 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

My copy just arrived. smile

Whoopee!!!

Allen

#324815 - 03/11/10 05:11 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: pufferfish]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Great review Ron, short and too the point. Ken PMed me and told me that you had written one there. Now we just need a few other members to write Amazon reviews too. I'm busy with school until the weekend, might be able to write another one for Amazon then. For those of you that haven't yet seen it, my review of Ken's book is in the latest edition of the MS newsletter.

Good work Ron, I feel that Ken's book is a powerful tool,

Mark

#324844 - 03/11/10 07:09 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Trucker51]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
I received my copy too.

Already reading it.

I sure need to evict my perpertrator.
He's been living in me 55+ years.

Heal well my brothers, heal well.

Little Pete & big pete ..but 1 (Irishmoose.)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#324847 - 03/11/10 07:23 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Trucker51]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

mark, i'd say you already had an excellent start with that article you wrote in the newsletter. you'd just have to extract the finer points, and copy and paste it. i don't know who that person was who made the other comment on amazon. even though he was trying to be negative by calling ken's work a 'cookbook' i kind of think of that as a compliment. just give me a gourmet recipe anytime, and from a master chef at that!!!! youda thunk after reading that that ken was somehow victimizing survivors by creating his work. i guess some people just love to complain and that's understandable when they apparently don't know any other way to present themselves. sux to be where they are, so says i,

warm regards,

ron

#325854 - 03/21/10 09:07 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Sans Logos]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Ron,
The other reviewer also blasted Mic Hunters book which is rated an average of 4 out of 5 with 20 reviews. So I wouldn't take his review too seriously

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#333864 - 06/16/10 08:07 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: onlyakid]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi,

I got the book today from amazon.com. Wow, delivery was super fast - only 2 days from America to Russia.

I am now eager to read the book from cover to cover.

Thank you, Ken!

Regards,
Alexey

(")_(")
--------

#335734 - 07/10/10 06:05 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: alexey]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hmm it is kind of hard for me to start reading this book. I think I fear coming way down to my oblivion of repressed feelings... The right time time for book will come though. I am positive.

(")_(")
--------

#337176 - 07/29/10 03:56 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: alexey]
Huxlay Offline

Thanks for interesting discussions. Discussions are always the main source of accurate information and to ensure a comfortable results, you can get immediate and reliable information, which will definitely help you in every area of your concern.

#337239 - 07/29/10 11:32 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Huxlay]
GeorgeMartin Offline

Actually Amazon.com indicates they are temporarily out of stock for this book, sadly said. But when it gets back into stock, I might have the funds for it. Is it graphic? Cause if it is, I will get triggered and I don't want that.

#337261 - 07/30/10 07:47 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: GeorgeMartin]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I think Amazon gets copies directly from the publisher and doesn't keep it in stock, so if you order it, they will send it in a few days. You could also go to the publisher directly, www.neari.org

I think there are trigger warnings in the few areas where some might be triggered so I don't think you will be ambushed.
Ken

#337274 - 07/30/10 11:20 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
the link is actually www.nearipress.org. Unless the NEA of Rhode Island is also selling your book LOL

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#337416 - 08/01/10 09:25 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: onlyakid]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for the correction, my goof. That's the trouble with so many web addresses these days.

#347406 - 12/07/10 04:30 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: pufferfish]
Overcomer Offline

Loc: Sumter, SC
Any chance of a Kindle version of this (or other books) being made available?

#347439 - 12/08/10 01:01 AM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Overcomer]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

If you go into Amazon, and find Ken's book, there is a link button you can activate which registers your desire that they make a Kindle version. I assume that the more votes they get on a book determines how soon they will work on it.

Allen

#350666 - 01/13/11 07:24 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: pufferfish]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I don't think my publisher would like to see an e-version of it as it would cut into their profits but I really don't care as long as people get the help. So, if you want to call for Amazon to do an e-version, that's ok with me.

#358091 - 03/30/11 01:21 PM Re: Ken Singer's book: 'Evicting the Perpetrator' [Re: Sans Logos]
CorDav Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi
My name is david northam I attended mysthaven and alta09. As I emerged almost a year(summer 09) later I started to paint with pastels. Six seeks ago I submitted to two national shows, a call for a public building, and then I walked in a gallery in the city and was displayed last weekend. I have now been accepted to my first juried show.

Healthy people eat right, excercise, work, and do something daily to relieve stress. Healthy people think about their problems, look for solutions, identify them, and then act on the solutions. And then correct as processed. I know what the problem is. I have mourned the losses it has cause. My solution is move forward and define who I shall be. I have a wonderful mind cause I survived. I know the truth. I live in it. I will walk haultingly forward. I do not do anything perfectly. I am human. You have taught me to embrace my humanity by walking with me. Thank you for those who walked first that I may have a path to follow. Your courage and example are virtue I adore. Pleae walk with me and share in this joy of being alive. Finally. and for here from forward.

http://www.latchamgallery.ca/upcoming_exhibitions.htm

Love dave

#358263 - 04/01/11 04:52 AM Re: Ken Singer's book: 'Evicting the Perpetrator' [Re: CorDav]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Orchidland Big Island Hawaii
Dave-
That gateway you passed I call freedom. Some of the early professionals in my journey for survivorship called me atypical. That doesen't bother me anymore.

Enjoyed your realism in life and success with pigments. Haven't been able to pick up the brushes in four years, but old interests and pasttimes are returning again.

Tried to view your works but anouncements only so hope you can post a few, or maybe I just didn't find yours.

Sounds like you found the rewards of triumph located beyond the pitfalls of dispair.

Have fun getting everything ready and during the showing.
dbw

"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#430847 - 04/11/13 03:18 AM " [Re: Sans Logos]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 12:02 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

#431466 - 04/16/13 05:35 PM Re: Ken Singer's book: 'Evicting the Perpetrator' [Re: Sans Logos]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I haven't heard whether the publisher (NEARI Press) is interested in doing an e-book format. I think that specialty books (not even close to best sellers) wind up on the e-book market. But, you're always welcome to suggest to the publisher that you'd like to see it in that format.
Ken

#431483 - 04/16/13 07:50 PM " [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 12:15 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

#466754 - 06/18/14 05:32 PM Re: ken singer's book available to order from neari [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
eltoro65 Offline

Loc: chicago
Hello Ken,

I just got your book and have been reading it. The information from the abuser's perspective is extremely helpful. I've been in therapy for 7 years now (four groups, one-on-one), and your information sounds very current to what I've heard from the seasoned therapists helping me.

I know I have many questions for you about topics specifically, but right now I just wanted to say thank you for writing this book. I'm getting a lot of out of it!

Gene

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.