Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (Rich1967, midnight51, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445342 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#320564 - 01/29/10 09:18 AM and the beat goes on
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA

#320590 - 01/29/10 02:17 PM Re: and the beat goes on [Re: Dale English]
kidneythis Offline

It is part of the human conditon. People have been using sex innapropriately since it became part of us. Everyone everywhere has to face this problem. In Asia it is still being used to subjugate and control populations.
I sometimes feel that is starting to happen here in the US with all the overt emotionless sexuality constantly being projected upon us. This is affecting how our children develop and diminishingh their for lack of a better term Moral fiber. Sex should only be private and done with the proper mental outlook and emotional content for good mental and emotional health. Anything else erodes that and eventually adds up and destroys a culture. Look at how quickly public moprals have changed over the last 40 years.

#320617 - 01/29/10 05:46 PM Re: and the beat goes on [Re: kidneythis]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

Yep, the Catholic church abuse beat goes on. Yes, it is terrable. "Men" of the cloth, sexually abusing boys in their charge. Gets lots of headlines.

But WHERE, my brothers are the HEADLINES about "MOTHERS" sexually abusing their sons?

Both are devastating in their own right.

But as long as i was in their charge (Catholic orphanage/Home), I was SAVED from my predators.

My "MOTHER" being the very first one who sexually abused her (Me) son. SHE paved the way for others to follow.

WHERE are the HEADLINES on that? Or parents abusing their sons?

Lets keep things in perspective. "moms", "parents" "family" versus the religious of the Catholic church. Where in the hell are the HEADLINES?

Heal well my fraternal brothers, heal well.

Little Pete & big Pete..but 1 (Irishmoose.)

Edited by petercorbett (01/30/10 12:44 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#320701 - 01/30/10 11:19 AM Re: and the beat goes on [Re: petercorbett]
Dale English Offline
Newsletter Founder/Producer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: PA
Peter,

You are so right. The media doesn't publish stories about incest. Those stories are kept private by the courts. I will personally search for stories in the daily worldwide media that speak of a broader cross section of those who abuse children.

To validate your experience of having been saved by good people within an organization I can only hope that others would speak up about the compassion they had in their experience. To validate my own experience, I will continue to demand that leaders of any organization, religious or not, be held to the same standards under the law as any others. When that happens I'll gladly stop reporting the about wolves in God's clothing.

How about we work together to find more stories about those who live according to laws of their God? You and they deserve to have your truths told too.

Dale

#320790 - 01/31/10 04:05 AM Re: and the beat goes on [Re: Dale English]
BloggerT Offline

Peter,

I try to collect and publish some stories that the media publish (as well as research etc) on this subject. If you click the link in my signature you can find articles, studies, and a video broadcast done by the BBC in 1997 about this.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.