Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (Doubter, traveler, pattom, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443005 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#320504 - 01/28/10 05:25 PM 5yo sexually abused by family acquaintance
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I copied this story, along with comments including my own, aka
bigSte.
As you can see, this beast is letting a kid of his age testify
against him in court, knowing that he stands a good chance of winning against the child.

It saddens me to think that he cannot put into words the feelings he must feel against his perp.
I cannot be in the shoes of a 5yo in this case, but I hope
it succeeds in his favor, or he will suffer greatly.

I feel greatly saddened of the fact that he does not have an
advocate in court!
I will keep you up to date with what happens.

JURORS have watched a five-year-old boy describe being allegedly raped and sexually molested.

The child, believed to be one of the youngest ever to give evidence at Liverpool Crown Court, told police officers how he was sexually touched by a family acquaintance on two separate occasions.

During two recorded interviews, the youngster, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told how the alleged attacks made him feel “sad, because he hurted me”.

Niall Hughes, 32, denies assault by penetration, rape and an alternative charge of sexual assault on a child under 13.

Hughes, of Hornby Road, Walton, accepts spending time with the child but denies any wrong-doing. He is facing a four-day trial.

As the trial began yesterday, the brown-haired boy, who is now six, was seen on large television screens in the courtroom via video-link from a separate room where he was played the recorded interviews he gave to police.

Before they were played to the jury the boy was spoken to by Judge David Harris QC who asked him about school and hobbies to put him at his ease.

The nervous youngster told how he was “sad” to be missing a day from school and said that his favourite team was Liverpool.

When asked whether he knew the knew the difference between truth and lies the boy replied : “I told the truth to John [the interviewing police officer]”.

The panel of nine women and three men were then played the two short recorded interviews.

Comments (10)

2dogz wrote:
he will not be on baby sitting duty near my house
27/1/2010 2:23 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk
Recommend

Report Abuse
User Image
bigSte wrote:
It is evil to put a child so young against you in a court of law!
Never underestimate the damage done to one so young, and he will Never forget!
27/1/2010 3:55 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk
Recommended (3)

Report Abuse
User Image
spectator1 wrote:
Why doesn't this dirty paedo confess instead of making this little boy go through this? A 5 year old couldn't possibly make this kind of thing up, its obvious the mans guilty, I hope when he goes to prison he gets the same treatment!!
27/1/2010 4:07 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk
Recommend (6)

Report Abuse
User Image
Anfielder1 wrote:
Sadly Ste it's certain the child was the only witness.It would be much worse if the accused walked free.I sat on jury duty involving an indecent assault on a young teenager last year and the girl never saw the court.She was in a small room with a video camera and a court usher.The same would apply to this little lad.We can't tell whether he suffers permanent damage but better the one who committed this crime is put behind bars for a long time rather then walk free because of lack of evidence.If he isn't he might repeat his horrible crimes with another poor kid.
27/1/2010 5:33 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk
Recommended (1)

Report Abuse
User Image
bigSte wrote:
Anfielder1, unfortunately, the story reads like he was more worried about being off school.
His relationships with males will suffer greatly in life, and he wont even relate to what happened until later in life.
He is evil for putting a kid this age before such an ordeal, and I hope he gets the toughest sentence for it.
How many others did he do it to?
27/1/2010 5:44 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk
Recommended (2)

Report Abuse
User Image
mogger1 wrote:
Dirty stinking dog
27/1/2010 5:58 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk
Recommend (1)

Report Abuse
User Image
poshy wrote:
oh my god i feel sick to the stomache, what right have these monsters got to take away a childs innocence like that,if that was my child he wouldnt of got to court,sorry but these monsters do not deserve to breath.
27/1/2010 7:18 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk
Recommend

Report Abuse
User Image
tlg wrote:
I agree with 'posshy' Hang the B******d because he will only do it again.
27/1/2010 8:45 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk
Recommend (1)

Report Abuse
User Image
chelynjohns wrote:
HANG HIM.....CUT OFF HIS BITS SO HE WONT DO IT AGAIN....DIRTY FILTHY BA..ARD YAK HOW ANY1 DOES ANOTHER HUMAN BEING HARM IS BEYOND ME.....ESPECIALLY A YOUNG INNOCENT CHILD...I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THAT 5YEAR OLD BOY "AH BLESS HIM"
27/1/2010 9:49 PM GMT on liverpoolecho.co.uk
Recommend

Report Abuse
User Image
bigSte wrote:
If he is guilty as charged, then one cannot perceivably look for a sentence other than one of life meaning life.
Kids of his age are remarkably resilient in keepint their real hurt secretive to themselves, and would rather just be at home, safe, rather than face an abuser in court.
If he is a beast, and don't forget that kids of his age do not lie, then the child will just think that it was not a crime against him!

www.malesurvivor.org for victims of csa.
Family members welcome.

#320518 - 01/28/10 08:24 PM Re: 5yo sexually abused by family acquaintance [Re: reality2k4]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
It is possible to coach a kid into making accusations. It is also one of the most fundamental rights to have a trial and be judged by a jury of your peers. The court experience cannot be as bad as the abuse alleged. In some ways, it can be very healing to the youngster to be able to stand up to his abuser and have justice. The defense has the chance to describe it. Having been raped at the age of 8, I can say the pain and the de>
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#320572 - 01/29/10 11:50 AM Re: 5yo sexually abused by family acquaintance [Re: catfish86]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Originally Posted By: catfish86
Of course, in Britain, they don't believe in killing evil people who hurt innocents.

Watch this space on the above quote, if the guy that abused 282 kids goes free. What is true is that vigilante killings are seen as an affront to the cops' and lazy judges' collective ego (in England anyway, the other three countries you'll have to ask someone else), so they nearly always get tougher sentences than the abusers.

The gap in time between the separate incidents and disclosures is something I can't get by reading the article, so I'll have to read this one again.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (01/29/10 11:52 AM)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.