Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
2 registered (PhoenixRising, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63572 Topics
444158 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#332130 - 05/26/10 02:31 AM Re: what it means to be alone [Re: westchesterguy]
Kiev Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA, Ukraine
Interesting thread! Like many of you, I have a top shelf job with responsibility and decision making. I view my job as my island in my current sea of fear. Sparing the details, my current wife will now become by second ex-wife. She will officially be leaving me after the Memorial Day Holiday. I do not want to be alone, but I will. Luckly, my cat, Molly, still loves me! I am hoping to connect with many of you and I want you to know I will do my best to help you all! God Bless!

#332577 - 05/30/10 08:29 PM Re: what it means to be alone [Re: Kiev]
Joren Offline

Loc: US
Being alone is what I fear above almost all else. I spent so many years alone that I have great trouble facing it. It's made the relationship with my wife even more complicated than it already was (gay man, straight wife).

It's almost as if I'm not quite strong enough to make it on my own, but having another person there to lean on at times really helps.

#334201 - 06/19/10 11:34 PM Re: what it means to be alone [Re: Joren]
SafetySearcher Offline

I sometimes get lonely especially when I am down. I think that I am lonely because I don't want to tread on the other persons boundaries. I stand back and isolate myself. This makes the other person upset and think that I am a snob or that I don't care. What I realize is that I want people to respect my boundaries but I don't want to say what those boundaries are. I want them to be assumed. I know this is a flawed way of thinking but I know I am not alone in this thinking. I am striving to not be offended or upset when someone tells me their boundaries and I must not shy away from people who get close to my boundaries and make statements rather than demands when I need to make my boundaries clear.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.