Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (highflight, lukehorace, Damian1974), 33 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63789 Topics
445462 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#320314 - 01/27/10 02:00 AM scared
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

scared to even post here

Edited by DJsport (01/27/10 08:05 AM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#320343 - 01/27/10 08:11 AM Re: Spirituality and being humble [Re: DJsport]
expom Offline

Loc: Australia
For a lot of organisations care (C.A.R.E.) means: Cover Arse, Retain Employment. I have been schooled in the other form of care: Compassion Actually Requires Effort.

In acute pain management, your sort of empathy has been shown to effectively reduce the pain that is experienced. The reason is that the patient sees that there someone is taking their issue seriously and that something will be done about it. This slows down the production of prostaglandins that get the body ready for injury and makes pain experiences worse. It also helps to stimulate the production of endorphins - the bodies own morphine like chemicals.

So, DJ, it sounds like you are right on the money in your approach. Well done.

As far as hearing it from those that "owe" us the apology. . . I would rather them work that out for themselves and own their responsibility for some of the pain that has been caused to me. I do not want to cheapen that apology by having them told that that is what they should be doing.

These are my thoughts.

ADen

#320344 - 01/27/10 08:20 AM Re: Spirituality and being humble [Re: expom]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: expom
For a lot of organisations care (C.A.R.E.) means: Cover Arse, Retain Employment. I have been schooled in the other form of care: Compassion Actually Requires Effort.

In acute pain management, your sort of empathy has been shown to effectively reduce the pain that is experienced. The reason is that the patient sees that there someone is taking their issue seriously and that something will be done about it. This slows down the production of prostaglandins that get the body ready for injury and makes pain experiences worse. It also helps to stimulate the production of endorphins - the bodies own morphine like chemicals.

So, DJ, it sounds like you are right on the money in your approach. Well done.

As far as hearing it from those that "owe" us the apology. . . I would rather them work that out for themselves and own their responsibility for some of the pain that has been caused to me. I do not want to cheapen that apology by having them told that that is what they should be doing.

These are my thoughts.

ADen

thanks

I am in so much pain

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.