Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (Ocellaris, watzupwitu, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63369 Topics
443111 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#320061 - 01/25/10 02:26 AM I hope I can do it this time
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Well I know I said this a lots of time but I'm trying my best this time... I made a promise to my self the next time I see my dad I would stop smoking. My dad Was in the US for more then a month, he just came back home today. Its already been 3 hours since I saw him. That means I have to stop.... I haven't smoked yet but damn the 3 hours were like days!!!!

I smoke more the 20 sticks a day which means more then a pack a day. Wanna know whats fucked up about where I live? the cigs cost like less then 1 US dollar(40 pesos or sometimes less) and they don't care what your age is you can be 4 yrs old and buy cigs here(its only rare to find a store that doesn't sell to a minor). That makes it a hell of a lot harder to quit....

I really do hope I can quit... My lungs hurt sometimes cause of smoking... I think

Edited by b869 (01/25/10 02:27 AM)

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#320063 - 01/25/10 02:44 AM Re: I hope I can do it this time [Re: b869]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Can you afford nicotine gum, lozenges, or the nicotine patch? That is how I quit the first time. Then the challenge is to stay quit. The cravings for nicotine are usually worst several weeks after you quit. You are likely to have nicotine dreams, where someone hands you a smoke, you light it, inhale deeply, and then wake-up. I'm one who knows for a fact, that you will feel a lot better, and you won't get as worn out during exercise or hard work, when you are free of cigarettes and nicotine addiction. Your first chance at quitting is your best chance too. After your first chance quitting gets a lot harder. I know about that too. It takes a lot of resolve to stay quit, you might need to use candy like Ronald Reagun did, though watch-out for gaining weight too.

Anyhow, good luck on trying to quit, were all with you, hoping for the best.

Mark

#320086 - 01/25/10 08:13 AM Re: I hope I can do it this time [Re: b869]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
marv, the first milestone is the 72 hour period after smoking. so while knuckle for 3 days, and you've got it licked after that.

the first thing you must do, is replace the message you have been reinforcing that says you're a smoker and that you need cigarettes. keep telling yourself 'i'm not a smoker ..... smoking is rotting my brain' [and i know you may not feel like it marv, but you deserve to have a healthy brain]. say that to yourself throughout the course of the day and see if that helps.

good luck!

ron

#320109 - 01/25/10 11:28 AM Re: I hope I can do it this time [Re: Sans Logos]
kidneythis Offline

The most important thing is to not give up trying to quit. It took me five years of steady trying to make it. I stopped for a year after three then I started to smoke again for another year.
WHat was the most effective for me was to wean myself. I started with the time each day when I smoked my first cigarette. Then each day or every other day after that I added 15 mins or a half hour to that time. example in case I'm not being clear if it was 7am then the next day you don't smoke until 7:15am. If you skip or fail to stay on target, don't give up just continue on from there as you would have if you didn't slip.
I workewd at it over months and was down to one a day a 7pm then after a few weeks I stopped and its stuck since, That was 15 years ago. It is not easy that is why so many fail. The mani thing is that you don't give up trying to give them up. You will eventually succeed.

You are going to be surprised at how bad they smell when you do finally quit. It was like smelling a sewer to me and I wondered that no one said anything to me when I did smoke. Its nearly as foul as a sesspit.

Edited by kidneythis (01/25/10 11:30 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.