Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jay1946, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63994 Topics
446677 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#319749 - 01/22/10 05:09 PM can't trust even the police
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I was looking into obtaining an AAS in Criminal Justice - in order to be an advocate. I met this character. I felt very uncomfortable and now I know why. This is a copy of a news report from todays news. I have edited it in order to take out the locations.

Quote:
LOCATION deleted -- The former head of the LOCATION deleted Park Police is behind bars, accused of sexually abusing a boy for two and a half years.

William Jacobs, 66, of LOCATION deleted, has been charged with two counts of criminal sexual conduct.

According to the criminal complaint, Jacobs started sexually abusing the boy during the summer of 2007 when the victim was 12-years-old. The alleged abuse ended this month.

Jacobs was arrested Thursday night at his home. He is being held on a $1 million bail.

Jacobs ran the Park Police for 14 years.

Hennepin County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Lisa Kiava says Jacobs is a counselor at an undisclosed camp. He's also a faculty member in the Criminal Justice Studies at the **local** Community and Technical College in ***local****.

Jacobs is scheduled to be in court on Monday.

I have never felt like kicking a cops xxxxx before now. I sat in an office with this guy.

After my SA I encountered the police and got NOTHING for help.

DJ

Edited by DJsport (01/22/10 05:10 PM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#319754 - 01/22/10 05:20 PM Re: can't trust even the police [Re: DJsport]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Well that's really hard to take. I'm sorry for you DJ. I guess it's just a sign of how deeply rooted the whole problem of CSA is in our society. With 1 in 3, 1 in 6, no institution is free of it.

Allan

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#319759 - 01/22/10 05:47 PM Re: can't trust even the police [Re: DJsport]
kidneythis Offline

I hope you don't let this stop you from pursueing the degree. He is the bad apple not the profession. You would make a good advocate.

#319773 - 01/22/10 09:30 PM Re: can't trust even the police [Re: kidneythis]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Unfortunately, the problem of abusive behavior within police forces is quite extensive, maybe more so than some others.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.