Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
8 registered (CafeMan, Rich1967, 5 invisible), 55 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62529 Topics
438174 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#319721 - 01/22/10 01:47 PM .
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 09:47 PM)

#319731 - 01/22/10 03:49 PM Re: foods for thought?... [Re: bardo213]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
How about a big can of Red Bull? Alcohol makes your shot-making skills worse for sure.

#319840 - 01/23/10 12:53 PM . [Re: Trucker51]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 09:47 PM)

#320192 - 01/26/10 03:37 AM Re: foods for thought?... [Re: bardo213]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

From the perspective of overall feeling better, if I stick to a good/clean diet and get moderate exercise and avoid things like alcohol/caffeine/nicotine (nicotine only an issue when I have been drinking) then I feel pretty good.

A clean diet (you have to find what works for you) and at least some moderate exercise is good for the mind and body. The other stuff can suppress then rebound your nervous system or the other way around (and the alcohol rebounds are super triggering for me), along with all other sorts of bad things especially when done to excess. That is my opinion at least. Sometimes though, and I need to address this or figure how to better handle, but I seem to need a good drunk to ease the pressure. Healthier alternatives would server me well.

#320658 - 01/30/10 12:19 AM Re: foods for thought?... [Re: ericc]
Charlie24 Offline

Hey Lynch,

as a nutrition major, with a concentrations in dietetics, hoping one day to be a Registered Dietician I've learned so much about food and how it impacts our bodies.

I like what Eric says and that seems to be true.

A big part of nutrition is finding balance in your life. Not just with food but with managing stress, time management, exercise and wellness.

I'm on a gluten, dairy and soy free diet.

I do find I do better when I eat the right foods. Since humans are creatures of habit and we tend to eat what is in front of us I try and have veggies and fruits near buy to snack on when I get hungry.

I try and eat lean proteins, I seem to be able to tolerate a little goat cheese, love fortified orange juice for my calcium source and just try and enjoy the food I'm eating. I try and shut off things around me and just focus on the food, still working on this goal.

I will occasionally splurge and buy a gluten, dairy & soy free treat to have once in a while, not every day but just here there to get a little treat, something to enjoy.

Gotta treat yourself occassionally, I believe and since I can't have so much it makes it all the more worthwhile.

I've even started making my own gluten free with a bread maker, love being able to enjoy gluten free bread again and its made with great gluten free grains.

Moderation and balance are the keys I'm learning from my degree.

I just want to share one more quick thing, I have been diagnosed with anxiety and I just find that exercise really helps me, whether it a be a run, lifting weights, a walk, just often clears my mind and calms me down for the day.

Good luck, great topic.

Great your making progress with your life.

Virtual high five.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.