Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63848 Topics
445828 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#319530 - 01/20/10 04:31 PM As I am, not as I was..,triggers!
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
***Edited for research content, I am job hunting.***

Edited by sasuva (02/11/10 04:43 PM)

#319538 - 01/20/10 05:34 PM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: SamV]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
brother, it took a person with a lot of integrity and courage to out his shadow in public like this. obviously you have learned and gained some valuable insights into the foundations of your own deep seated anger. your resolve to do better and to make amends is admirable. let those without fault be the first to cast a stone. congratulations on a milestone in your recovery, and thanks for reminding us, once again, about the power of this organization to bring light healing and peace to men suffering the ravages of sexual victimization. recovery is a process, and you are obviously doing something right to have come this far. keep going.

hoping for continued healing for you and your family,

ron

#319540 - 01/20/10 05:52 PM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: Sans Logos]
Obi Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas

Edited by Obi (04/30/13 10:28 PM)

my story

my vlog

#319541 - 01/20/10 06:04 PM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: SamV]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: sasuva
AAAaaRrrGGGHHhhhh!

You all are so precious to me, I feel I have come to call you friends.

Sasuva

I hope and pray for you and your family. ****taking deep breaths here*****

This will take time. Healing take times!!! Your own growth as a survivor is paramount. Honesty is the groundwork of truthful and loving relationships. This step your taking is an important one. Your family has been damaged.

I hestiate to say more as I don't want you getting "mad" at me and I fear you now.

Donnie.

Edited by DJsport (01/20/10 08:07 PM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#319545 - 01/20/10 07:31 PM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: DJsport]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
Sasuva,

I support you in your efforts to heal and Recover from the awful crap we call CSA. I admire you for your honesty. I fear you because you have acted out physically with anger.

My abuse is limited to what I do to myself (and against God) and the emotional isolation I have to maintain with my family.

I'm praying for you and your family.

Jim

My Story

#319634 - 01/21/10 05:26 PM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: Jim1961]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

"It takes a whole community to raise a child." I have been raised. When I opened up my account in MaleSurvivor, I knew I would be chastised, run out of the only place I have found comfort. I have confessed abuse to the members of this organization that have themselves felt the pain of being unfairly punished, tortured. When I opened this post and read the replies, I cried, softly at first, then sobbing as I read and re-read the loving and thoughtful comments. I could not reply, I was shaking uncontrollably. I was so exhausted, I slept. I did not dream, I did not move. I awoke, tense and uncertain. I came back to MS, and read the replies again, strengthened by them, and was able to speak. Your words refreshed my parched, beaten mind, like cool water on a dry, hot day. I fought the guilt of my being abusive, terrified I would lose my identity in the pain of remembering, lose the progress I had made. Your reply strengthens my self-image, sharpening the new person that is emerging. Sans, I did not know why I kept abusing, I hated it and myself. When I remembered I had been abused, it began to make sense. Duncan, the thought of what terrible things I did I was unable to process, so I did not take responsiblilty. Now I can heal myself and my family, my wonderful family, and begin to help my boys live the life they want to, knowing the abuse, but not being a slave to it as I was. Donnie, I have caused you to be uncomfortable, please forgive me. Thank you for your kind words. thank you for your support. Jim, I have not met or chatted with you, and yet you took the time to reach out to me, I am humbled by your gracious and giving personality. May all of us find the serenity and calm that helps us move away from the battle that has claimed the ones that we know and the unknown soldiers that we do not. Today, I am comforted, today I am refreshed, today, I will not be moved from the course that brings peace. Today I am healed by you. Soon, I too look forward to a complete healing, and healing others.

#319635 - 01/21/10 05:30 PM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Last night, I encouraged my youngest to remember the abuse. My wife and I helped him to not feel he deserved it. He told me, in a family conference, that I was to blame for his abuse. He cried, we physically and emotionally supported him, and talked about his safety. We left him feeling good about himself and his family. I could not have been more proud. Sam

#319637 - 01/21/10 05:54 PM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: SamV]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sam,

Your a brother. You have decided like the rest of us to be honest for whatever reason.

You know what needs to be done for your family. And this is commendable.

It takes alot of strength to face any adversity. It is good your learning better ways of coping instead of striking others.

We learn from your experience as well.

Hang in there,
Donnie

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#319663 - 01/22/10 12:15 AM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: DJsport]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Sam,

If I may speak from the heart. What good can come in the world when those that do wrong, rather than needing righteous vengence shall drop their instruments of evil and take up instead the sword of righteousness and endeavor to defend the weak instead of exploit them. Christianity is filled with examples of those that realize their weakness and wickedness and repent. God bless you and good luck in your endeavors.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#319672 - 01/22/10 01:01 AM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: catfish86]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

Well Sam, great courage on your part to tell your story.

Having just learned a thing or two forgiveness myself, I am glad that your son had forgiven you.

Little Pete & big Pete, offer you and your family our compassion, understanding & love.

Wishing you all healing & love.

Little Pete & big Pete..but 1 (Irishmoose).

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#319748 - 01/22/10 05:04 PM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: petercorbett]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I am sorry that you had to resort to such measures. However, I understand that CSA is a very hard thing to deal with, and as Survivors, we deal with our issues in a multitude of different ways. I pray that you are able to find different ways to express your feelings and your family may become whole.

I am also glad that you were able to have the courage and integrity to post the situation here at MS. Although we don't condone your actions, we understand and will do what we can as you progress in your recovery.

J.R.

#320354 - 01/27/10 10:43 AM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: J.R.]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you, for your kind, and firm words. There is such a struggle to understand the boundaries that "normal" people have in expressing positive and negative emotions. I had to find out that I was not expressing my feelings correctly. I had been trained to believe this behavior was correct and necessary. I still fail more than I succeed when it comes to there being more than one right answer. However, I am making progress. I judge that progress by the reactions of my family, my children want to be by me and do more things with me, and my wife is a little jealous. It will balance out in time. Without MS, this would be impossible, without its members, catastrophic. My best wishes, thoughts, prayers and hope to you, who have supported me, that you too will find the joy of recovery and consistent progressive efforts that take us away from our training and into the waiting arms of loved ones, colleagues and friends.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.