Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (Shyshark, don64, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441845 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#319748 - 01/22/10 05:04 PM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: petercorbett]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I am sorry that you had to resort to such measures. However, I understand that CSA is a very hard thing to deal with, and as Survivors, we deal with our issues in a multitude of different ways. I pray that you are able to find different ways to express your feelings and your family may become whole.

I am also glad that you were able to have the courage and integrity to post the situation here at MS. Although we don't condone your actions, we understand and will do what we can as you progress in your recovery.

J.R.

#320354 - 01/27/10 10:43 AM Re: As I am, not as I was..,triggers! [Re: J.R.]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Thank you, for your kind, and firm words. There is such a struggle to understand the boundaries that "normal" people have in expressing positive and negative emotions. I had to find out that I was not expressing my feelings correctly. I had been trained to believe this behavior was correct and necessary. I still fail more than I succeed when it comes to there being more than one right answer. However, I am making progress. I judge that progress by the reactions of my family, my children want to be by me and do more things with me, and my wife is a little jealous. It will balance out in time. Without MS, this would be impossible, without its members, catastrophic. My best wishes, thoughts, prayers and hope to you, who have supported me, that you too will find the joy of recovery and consistent progressive efforts that take us away from our training and into the waiting arms of loved ones, colleagues and friends.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.