Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#318008 - 01/07/10 03:41 AM kids talking to the cops (potentially triggering)
jls Offline

#318016 - 01/07/10 07:12 AM Re: kids talking to the cops (potentially triggering) [Re: jls]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
The quintessential example of why you should never talk to the police , ever. There was a made-for-tv-movie which highlighted this case, I forgot the name of it though. It was disgusting to watch.

Oh, and of course, the prosecutor and the police are immune from any sort of charges that they obviously abused their power to attain a successful prosecution. People have rotted in our prisons for decades, only to be exonerated by genetic testing, and the prosecutors that destroyed their lives typically live a luxurious life of retirement by that time. It would be nice if they could be held financially, if not criminally responsible, for such blatant, even if genuine, mistakes (assuming that they didn't simply care if they were sending an innocent person to prison, which I'm sure happens daily in this "land of the free".)

#318049 - 01/07/10 01:21 PM Re: kids talking to the cops (potentially triggering) [Re: Hauser]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
There is another case of an 8yo boy charged with shooting his dad and a neighbor in Arizona that is one of the side options on Youtube. It is ridiculous for police to be questioning children for crimes such as murder without a parent or attorney present. We want to get the truth but entrusting officials worried about publicity if they don't convict SOMEBODY to have unfettered access to a child is ridiculous. I can get my six year old boy to confess to being president of the united states if I want.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#318137 - 01/07/10 11:32 PM Re: kids talking to the cops (potentially triggering) [Re: catfish86]
jls Offline

The scary thing is that extracting false confessions from people doesn't only involve children. The tactics police use are universal and have unfairly convicted many adults too. What you say about very young children is true, that they have difficulty distinguishing what is real from fantasy, and are known to lie repeatedly for this reason. They don't mean to lie, at least in a bad way, its just that the distinction between imagination and reality is still nebulous at that age.

#318631 - 01/12/10 03:22 PM Re: kids talking to the cops (potentially triggering) [Re: jls]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, nobody should ever even consider the police to be human beings, let alone lower themselves to having conversations with the beasts. That's sure to get all those child rapists off the streets.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#319324 - 01/18/10 08:48 PM Re: kids talking to the cops (potentially triggering) [Re: melliferal]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
The next time your house is broken into, your family is harmed or you have a hit and run accident and no one will come to your assistance - who will you call? Certainly NOT the police! They are,according to you, beasts. and cannot help you, so stop a passing motorist and see if they will take the time and energy (for someone they do no know)to help you do what you need in an emergency. Likely as not, no one will go to those lengths to help you - a perfect stranger. Not all police are beasts. Not all detectives are hateful. Not all of everyone in places of power or control is corrupt. Please be careful of painting with too broad of a brush. One day one of us will need the police/EMT/courts to assist us.....

#319329 - 01/18/10 10:41 PM Re: kids talking to the cops (potentially triggering) [Re: alan55]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
The most prudent thing is to be helpful until the least hint you are a suspect. At that point, clam up and call for a lawyer. However, I wish to hell the police had been more persistent in my own kidnapping. I am pretty sure more kids were abused if not killed.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#319402 - 01/19/10 02:10 PM Re: kids talking to the cops (potentially triggering) [Re: alan55]
jls Offline

I hope I didn't come off as anti-police in my posting. My brother is a police officer and he is one of the most ethical people you will ever meet. Thru my work I also have alot of interaction with police officers and while I have dealt with the occasional bad apple they certainly don't reflect on the majority. I suppose the intention behind my post was to point out that we need to be careful concerning certain investigatory and interrogation practices that police employ. When police are dealing with a suspect it is not their role to be fair and balanced with an accused like he or she would be treated in a courtroom. Rather, everyone is treated as a suspect in the beginning of an investigation, usually starting with those closest to the victim, namely the family. This only makes since since very few acts of violence are committed randomly. On the contrary there is normally a motive involved, which means a connection with the victim. The risk exists when tunnel vision takes over and officers are unable to broaden their scope when it comes to more peripheral suspects, where the motivation for commmitting the crime isn't as clear. JS

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.