Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (highflight, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444543 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#316096 - 12/24/09 04:19 PM Re: Taking care of your inner child [Re: Frank Rogers]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

For me the my inner child's age varies depending on the situation and what I'm feeling at the moment, from very young (6 or younger) to early- or mid-teens. Each age has different needs to be met and different ways to get them.

For the younger ages, I curl up and read a book or watch a Disney film. For the older ages, I'll find something to do that I enjoyed when I was that age.

#316197 - 12/25/09 08:17 AM Re: Taking care of your inner child [Re: Frank Rogers]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Frank,

Just in case I misrepresented myself somehow, I AM this current adult generation at 45 I guess and my getting out of the house was like ages 8-13.

You asked about the Stockholm Syndrom... I've been living it from 1978 to 2009. Didn't know THAT was part of my problem till just recently though.

Thanks,

sono

#316198 - 12/25/09 08:25 AM Re: Taking care of your inner child [Re: sono]
kidneythis Offline

Never thought of that sono, the SS. Hmmmm naube I'll research it to see how it fits in.

Wow lots of stuff out there this seems directly related to this site and subject. Note the Child Abuse Accomodaton Syndrome
http://www.secasa.com.au/index.php/workers/21/54#top

This site talks about SS and how it relates/causes DID
EDIT ok I didn't see this site was a little nutty about mind control but the SS/DID info seems like good reasonable info. The page didn't open with the header showing or I didn't read it until I read it all. Let me know via PM if it isn't please.
http://naffoundation.org/Stockholm_Syndrome.htm#Top of Page

EDIT
OK so its (NAFF) really out there but there are some great nuggets of good stuff in those pages like this on PTSD; Itís now commonly referred to as PTSS, or post-traumatic stress syndrome, as the term ďdisorderĒ is a misnomer in the sense that it implies that thereís something inherently wrong with the survivor. In fact, itís a sane, adaptive response to an overwhelmingly crazy event. The same can be said for DID, but sadly, as of yet, isnít.

Edited by kidneythis (12/25/09 10:24 AM)

#319346 - 01/19/10 03:17 AM Re: Taking care of your inner child [Re: kidneythis]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Dwayne,

i never experienced a child hood frown , so i dont know what to do. I just take suggestions from my T and from csa friends and AA friends.

i was groomed and abused from the age of 4-14, and i truly thought that that is what everyone had happen to them.

i have a polar bear that my g-daughter let me adopt from her, becuz someone told me about their significance, i went to the new chipmunk movie with my g-son and thoroughly enjoyed it.

i kno there are other things i do from time to time. this was a good topic.

peace

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.