Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
5 registered (Obi, woodenshoes, whiteflag, petercorbett, I Want 2 Thrive), 21 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443419 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#319325 - 01/18/10 09:14 PM Is this really necessary?
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Apparently, British Airways has decided to step up the fight against pedophilia on airline flights:

Man Sues Airline

Quote:
Mr Fischer, a 33-year-old hedge fund manager, became aware of the policy while he was flying from Gatwick with his wife Stephanie, 30.

His wife, who was six months pregnant, had booked a window seat which she thought would be more spacious. Mr Fischer was in the middle seat between her and a 12-year-old boy.

Shortly after all passengers had sat down, having stowed their bags in the overhead lockers, a male steward asked Mr Fischer to change his seat.

Mr Fischer refused, explaining that his wife was pregnant, at which point the steward raised his voice, causing several passengers to turn round in alarm. He warned that the aircraft could not take off unless Mr Fischer obeyed.

Mr Fischer eventually moved seats but felt so humiliated by his treatment that he is taking the airline to court on the grounds of sex discrimination.

If he wins at the hearing next month at Slough County Court, BA will have to change its policy.

He has promised to donate any compensation to the NSPCC.

Is child molestation during airplane flights, with any given child in any given seat constantly in view of at least four other people besides his molester, not to mention the cabin crew constantly moving up and down the aisle, really so rampant that airlines have to embarrass innocent people like this? Really?

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#319328 - 01/18/10 10:29 PM Re: Is this really necessary? [Re: melliferal]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
It is ironic, isn't it. And yet, after many complaints of suspicious activity at registered sex offender Philip Garudo, nobody discovers the secret tent compound containing three girls. Our world is filled with overreactive idiocy while the real perps boldly go where no man (or women) should go.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#319407 - 01/19/10 02:49 PM Re: Is this really necessary? [Re: melliferal]
jls Offline

another example of the British nanny state in my opinion.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.