Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, watzupwitu, dan_in_newengland), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447696 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#195400 - 12/15/07 03:26 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: AndyJB2005]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Just went to a meeting at the Men's Center, not a survivor one but another one. Nice place. Had a good meeting and felt really comfortable there.

Survivor one is Thursday at 7pm if anyone wants to come. 33rd and Hennepin.

Free donuts! Woo!! :: laugh :: (at least today there was lol)

#195514 - 12/16/07 11:49 AM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: AndyJB2005]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Tom,

This sounds good.

BUT... my therapist talked to me about how this trauma still plays out in my life, and how I sometimes retraumatize myself talking about ... it. So, I'm re-evaluating what good comes from talking about stuff. I'm trying to learn to feel some safety and some control of myself.

Perhaps we could just agree to some ground rules so I can avoid really triggering stuff.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#196174 - 12/21/07 01:57 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: LandOfShadow]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi guys,

Andrew (AndyJB2005) and I met at the Men's Center group last night! (for Survivors Thursdays 7:30-9:30). We both thought it went really well. It felt good to talk about some of this stuff. It was just the three of us including Hank would "facilitates" the group. He's also a survivor.

So Tom and Jeff, I hope sometime you could join us. It'd be nice to have a bigger group, say 4 or 5 at least. Also, Hank is out of town next Thursday (12/27), but I will host ("facilitate") the group. I actually first went to the Men's Center in 1980, eventually facilitated groups for several years and currently help facilitate the Friday Bi-Men's group. So I hope you are all comfortable with that. Hank will be back the following week I expect.

What do you think?

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#196180 - 12/21/07 03:14 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: LandOfShadow]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Just as soon as I get a first shift job I'll be joining the group - unless the new job takes me further away from there

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#196205 - 12/21/07 07:29 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: TJ jeff]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, it was a great time! So good to meet you, Allan! Hank too! I hope you guys could hear me OK, I'm such a quiet talker. LOL

#196210 - 12/21/07 09:12 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: AndyJB2005]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Guys the Thursday group is out for me because I work afternoons. 4 ,10 hour nights, but I have a 3 day weekend. Would come up on for the Sat group.

Tom

#206756 - 02/22/08 03:00 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: AndyJB2005]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

bump

#217397 - 04/11/08 05:33 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: AndyJB2005]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

The Thursday Men's Center group has ended. One person does not make a group.

Just another call for guys or groups in the Twin Cities area...

Freedom

Paul Eluard

#260280 - 11/06/08 10:05 AM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: LandOfShadow]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just to bump this up, and say that this is now an active good group. PM me if you have any interest. I know of only one other group in a city of 2 million. How pathetic is that?

Freedom

Paul Eluard

#260298 - 11/06/08 12:28 PM Re: Twin Cities Minnesota USA men's support group [Re: LandOfShadow]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
What ever happened to that SIA group that was at that church on Lake St west of Lake of the Isles. I haven't been there in 10 years now though. Maybe try to see if Mic Hunter knows of a group. 10 years ago his office was on University Ave west of Snelling, I believe, back when I was his patient.

Just wondered,

Mark

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.