Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443010 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#318985 - 01/15/10 12:05 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: pufferfish]
kidneythis Offline

WOW,

Ok GoFigure, My first impulse is to insult you for your ignorance and bigotry. I think if you were in the room with me we'd fight. Please do not attach yourself in any way to my commentary.
Do not attach your perverse interpretations to my words w/o taking full credit for them as your own.

I find it hard to believe that someone who has been abused can be so closed off and hateful of anything different. Of course I speak from where I am now I was at different points in my life racist, intolerant of any difference away from "American" culture, unable to see or understand anyone elses point of view since I saw it as a question of "why would anyone want to be anything other than right?" And I was already right so I didn't need to change.
That, your place in time and personal development right now, is exactly my point about the suicide bombers. This aspect of how we adapt to our abuse by seeking rigid control of our world is being manipulated and used to get them to do it.

PBS is just another tv station trying to make money. It didn't used to be. It was created to be a service not bound by the constraints of money so that it could report what the commercial networks wouldn't and put on educational programs that the commercial stations wouldn't sans the influence of commercials as it was meant in large part for children that didn't have regular access to good educational information.
That is all gone and for every show on PBS there is 15 minutes of masturbatory commercial saying the name of the station over and over with companies logos and names interspersed.
For the record there is no "liberal" conspiracy or conservative either. WE are all being manipulated by the wealthy to keep us as good little drones.
Whether or not you are one or the other isn't it even a little suspicious that we all follow the same path to finacial slavery and pursue the same ethereal and mostly unachievable "rewards" held out in front of us like carrots on a stick?
The point of this thread is the poor children being abused. I don't think the way that the question of why it hasn't been followed up on sooner is being asked is productive. I suspect it is part of the same social fabric that allowed a lot of our abuses to be overlooked. This is an ugly and painful subject that requires a level of personal reflection which most people aren't able to tolerate for not having developed that aspect of themselves. Isn't it always former victims coming forward with insights, how often do the healthy come up with anything?

Lets try to stay on the subject of these boys here OK

Edited by kidneythis (01/15/10 12:12 PM)

#319000 - 01/15/10 01:29 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: kidneythis]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Gentlemen:
May I remind you to be civil? If you disagree with each other, please do it respectfully.

Remember, we're all here for the same reason, to heal from csa.

#319002 - 01/15/10 01:40 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

WOW. An Awful Article was posted here at MS and ...where are the words ****triggering***** I started reading this and was "hooked" whereas with the necessary wording I would have been more "grounded" first.

I deleted my replies. Trying to deal with a hugely triggering article.

I am OUT.

Edited by DJsport (01/15/10 01:52 PM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#319013 - 01/15/10 03:47 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: DJsport]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Sorry, DJ. It didn't occur to me that the brief de>

#319016 - 01/15/10 04:07 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

This illustrates my need to be careful at all times even here when I view something.

NO topic is off limits to being "triggering". Once hooked look out - I try to make sense of it. I force myself to try to make sense of it.

It appears others do to and the result is NOT good. I stopped watching TV months ago do to the graphic nature and my lack of ability to stay unstuck.

oh well....

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#319052 - 01/16/10 01:14 AM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: DJsport]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Gofigure,

My "hitler" comment referred to the tendency of many in Germany to apologize for the Nazi regime by pointing out all the "good" that was done by them, ignoring the "minor detail" that they slaughtered millions in the most surreal manner imaginable. The same thing occurs when "crediting" the Taliban with stopping the practice. From my own sources, this is such a flimsy "fact" it is proof of intent of propaganda or incompetent journalism. Make no mistake, we have to deal in a world filled with devils. Sometimes you have to make allies of them and all sides essentially participate in this cultural practice in Afghanistan. Taliban often, at roadblocks, seized pretty boys for "training" in their madrasas. I don't often judge other religions, but the Taliban/Al Quaeda ideology is fascist (ie Islamic Nazi) in nature, I can draw the historical references if you like. They will tell you that they want to kill all "the Jews", but most westerners don't get the fact that these fascists see Christianity as a Jewish Sect. Unfortunately many Christians see they want to kill the Jews and somehow aren't alarmed. By the way, not all Muslims buy the fascist ideology but you have to be aware of and account for those that do.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#320021 - 01/24/10 10:34 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Since writing this I have seen the film Kite Runners again.

It is a fine film. I recommend it highly.

It does make reference to abuse. Nothing is shown graphically but it is implied. The film is a very good statement against abuse. It is on our side in our struggle.

Allen

#329090 - 04/20/10 09:09 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Ken Singer, LCSW
Frontline, a public broadcasting network, is airing a ........ about boys being used for sexual purposes.

This will be on in my area tonight at 10:00. Maybe it will be on in other areas also. I have no idea why it is shown here a long time after being shown in other areas.

******THE FOLLOWING BRIEF DESCRIPTION MAY BE TRIGGERING TO SOME ***
Quote:
FRONTLINE
The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan
In Afghanistan today, in the midst of war and endemic poverty, an ancient tradition — banned when the Taliban were in power — has re-emerged across the country: Many hundreds of boys, often as young as ten, are being lured off the streets on the promise of a new life, many unaware that their real fate is to be used for entertainment and sex. They’re the “Bacha Bereesh,” literally “beardless boys,” chosen for their height, size and beauty, trained to sing and dance for male audiences, and then traded for sexual favors among former warlords and powerful businessmen. With remarkable access inside a sexual exploitation ring operating in Northern Afghanistan, Najibullah Quraishi, an Afghan journalist, investigates this illegal practice, talking with the boys and their masters and documenting how the Afghan authorities responsible for stopping these crimes are sometimes themselves complicit in the practice.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#329110 - 04/20/10 11:34 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bacha Bazi = The Dancing Boys

You can watch it online at:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...source=proglist

Or, you can also buy the dvd at the frontline link above.

Or, check it out for purchase at Amazon.com. It's not available until June 29, however.

http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Boys-Afgha...1045&sr=1-1

Allen

aka pufferfish

#329202 - 04/21/10 02:30 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: pufferfish]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
This was shown last night on a DVB channel in England and I missed it, so I'll have to await the re-run - but I did just finish the Kite Runner novel, not that that gives me any greater insight than a documentary would.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.