Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#318795 - 01/13/10 08:14 PM Dancing Boys of Afghanistan
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Frontline, a public broadcasting network, is airing a show on Sunday, 1/19 about boys being used for sexual purposes. ******THE FOLLOWING BRIEF DESCRIPTION MAY BE TRIGGERING TO SOME ***
Quote:
FRONTLINE
The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan
In Afghanistan today, in the midst of war and endemic poverty, an ancient tradition — banned when the Taliban were in power — has re-emerged across the country: Many hundreds of boys, often as young as ten, are being lured off the streets on the promise of a new life, many unaware that their real fate is to be used for entertainment and sex. They’re the “Bacha Bereesh,” literally “beardless boys,” chosen for their height, size and beauty, trained to sing and dance for male audiences, and then traded for sexual favors among former warlords and powerful businessmen. With remarkable access inside a sexual exploitation ring operating in Northern Afghanistan, Najibullah Quraishi, an Afghan journalist, investigates this illegal practice, talking with the boys and their masters and documenting how the Afghan authorities responsible for stopping these crimes are sometimes themselves complicit in the practice.

Check local listings for time and station.

Edited by Ken Singer, LCSW (01/15/10 03:46 PM)

#318802 - 01/13/10 09:32 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
This is a big unspoken aspect of Afghan culture. I was in special ops who are very tuned into various cultures in their manner of blending in. It is a tradition that men of stature keep boys for their pleasure much like mistresses or concubines.

True story: during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, a special ops soldier was dealing with a powerful warlord in a key location. It was very important that this warlord be brought on board and the special ops soldier was well on the way to impressing and winning him over. While staying in the village, a boy was presented to him as a gift. He was expected to use the "gift" and it would have insulted the host if the soldier did not abuse the boy. The boy would have been humiliated and seen as worthless, therefore being killed for disgracing the warlord. Special ops being trained to deal with the unimaginable as a matter of course, gave the boy a small bribe to make noises like he was being abused. The boy was actually upset to not be used but out of shame accepted the bribe and made the noise and spoke of the sexual prowess of the soldier because if anyone found out, he would have been killed. While the Taliban claimed to have banned this practice little was truly done to enforce this ban and it was openly flouted. Most of those punished for this practice were on the order of finding some reason to get rid of a problem warlord.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#318822 - 01/13/10 11:12 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: catfish86]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
This activity is dramatized in the movie: Kite Runner. This movie will show the conditions you're talking about.

http://www.kiterunnermovie.com/

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi955580697/

Pretty horrible stuff, the abuse.

The movie is excellent.

Allen

Edited by pufferfish (01/15/10 09:27 PM)

#318832 - 01/14/10 12:31 AM . [Re: pufferfish]
GoFigure12 Offline

#318838 - 01/14/10 01:24 AM . [Re: GoFigure12]
GoFigure12 Offline

#318839 - 01/14/10 01:47 AM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: GoFigure12]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

you can't say "afhgans" bcause its not all of them it's pashtun thing they live not only in afhganistan but in other places too. my father was sent to middle east and brought us with him he knew everything about men and boys where ever he was

im sure its an ascient thing not new at all comes before islam n other afhgans look poorly at pashtuns

#318842 - 01/14/10 02:15 AM . [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
GoFigure12 Offline

#318860 - 01/14/10 10:07 AM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: GoFigure12]
kidneythis Offline

GoFigure12,
As for the problem and it not being followed up on. There are many reasons one can deduce this is the one I'm going to point at.
As the result of our society wide attempt to change our bad cultural habits that had very personally destructive effects on any group that could easily be singled out we have become as a society, reluctant to use our judgment on any culture that is different from the "norm" based on the false belief that it is an act of imperial domination.
Somehow the idea that any judgment of anything extracultural is wrong has permeated our culture as we changed. It has become practice to overlook things in others that we wouldn't allow at home.
I think we need to start imposing rightness on primitive people again. Yes I said primitive.
Just as the Spaniards stopped human sacrifice in central America (probably the only good thing they did there) we should do our best to stop pedophilia and making it all open public knowledge would be a start. If Afghans had to look at one another with that knowledge floating in the air around them openly (imagine a billboard about it) they'd have to address it. Christ this is Freedom 101! Free speech = freedom, education = development and change.

I think doing this would bring us the respect we never really had. Because just as it is common to be a pedophile voluntary or not, they know it is wrong even as they do it, so if we allow it or "overlook it" as they do, we are just as corrupt if not more so with all of our more religous types spouting on about how superior we are, for not stopping it.
They can clearly see we don't follow our own beliefs in their presence, how can they respect us? This tells them we fear them and that our culture is just as corrupt as theirs. Why change, it'll only be a superficial one, since we still allow all the degenerate crap to go on anyway.

#318888 - 01/14/10 12:23 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: kidneythis]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

This "whole" thread makes me sick. This is an eye-opener for me.

There is language of "man-boy love" mixed with in with "homosexuality". Please don't mix the two.

So much hatred here. This whole subject is upsetting beyond belief.

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ

Edited by DJsport (01/15/10 12:53 PM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#318907 - 01/14/10 02:36 PM Re: Dancing Boys of Afghanistan [Re: DJsport]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'm disturbed by the practice and equally if not more that the articles quoted somehow promote this as proper "homosexual" behavior.

No matter what, it's the sexual rape and violation of children. Disgusting no matter how it's portrayed.

It's child prostitution hidden under the guise of "tradition".

Edited by JustScott (01/14/10 02:39 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.