Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443357 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#319355 - 01/19/10 08:18 AM Re: Hello from the UK [Re: king tut]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Welcome from London Adam - different country, same age. Glad you're starting the work now, get the worst of it over by 40 I say.

Being January still, get yourself an A5 day-to-page paper journal and write as much down for yourself, but I'm sure King Tut can advise you re Welsh adult therapy services. There will be a waiting list, there nearly always is, so you might as well register for one now.

#319620 - 01/21/10 01:06 PM Re: Hello from the UK [Re: ComicBookGuy]
WorkingVerb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Adam,

Welcome to MS. You are not alone. Thank you for your courage in breaking the silence. When you feel that anger, come here. When it's too much to bear, come here,. When it's confusing, come here. There is always someone ready to listen. It's a long journey, but you're on it, and that's some of the hardest work done.

Strength to you brother,
Chris

#320918 - 02/01/10 04:44 PM Re: Hello from the UK [Re: king tut]
Mullsy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England
Hi Adam,

welcome to the site. I'm in the UK too and have been lucky enough to travel to the US a few times to meet with many inspiring men, like yourself. It is brave for us to recognise our vulnerabilities and make steps to move on, but don't forget your strengths! We all deserve to have a safe and happy family life so keep in touch with the good stuff and build on it.

Simon

"Wrap up Warm"

#322040 - 02/14/10 12:41 AM Re: Hello from the UK [Re: uk-survivor]
nomansanisland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM
Good lUCK aDAM...

#457914 - 01/03/14 05:41 PM Re: Hello from the UK [Re: uk-survivor]
north51 Offline

Loc: Ontario
Hey UK, I'm also new to the site but so far have found it valuable even if just to be able to communicate with fellow men suffering like me.
My story, molested by a stranger during the summer of 1971, I was 11 making me 53 now. I only told my wife after we were married 12 years then buried it again. In April my dad passed away and all the thoughts started coming into my head to started drinking to try to offset and that worked for like one month. Of course I kept drinking heavily, every night, and that just made it worse. Had no choice but to enter rehab in November and returned home on Dec 13. I haven't come clean with my wife because I mentioned it only happenned once but it was the full summer.
Looking back this effected my whole life and is now effected it again. I don't want to give my abuser this type of power over me and am, for the first time, trying to deal with it without alcohol.
Hopefully we can both learn and communicate on this site and see what happens. All of us on this site are in the same boat.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.