Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (peroperic2009, Jude, don64), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63802 Topics
445530 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#317844 - 01/06/10 11:52 AM Hotel Sale: $99 Candlewood Suites Times Square
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Available only via link from travelzoo (but booked on the Candlewood Suites Website)

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/new-york-hotels/723592

$99 a night for studio suite. MAX 2 people in room which means only 1 queen bed. So it is not great for sharing. Requires a one night deposit at time of reservation but is refundable.

Gets decent reviews on tripadvisor
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-...y_New_York.html

Must book by January 15th but I'd book much sooner so they don't sell out

Looks like rate is sold out for Saturday March 20th. Available still Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Night

Edited by jtt5254 (01/07/10 11:21 PM)
Edit Reason: Sold out March 20th

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#317964 - 01/06/10 10:12 PM Re: Hotel Sale: $99 Candlewood Suites Times Square [Re: onlyakid]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I booked mine there!!! It is an almost brand-new hotel near both Penn Station and Madison Square Garden, and I also found some inexpensive nosebleed seats at the Rangers and Blues game on Thursday night March 18th too. Anyone want to go to a hockey game together while we are there??? It is only a few blocks away from the hotel to the game. The 8th Avenue subway is 3 blocks north of the hotel, or taking a cab from there to John Jay wouldn't be that expensive either. I'll be there from the 17th through the 20th. It is a heck of a deal, as their regular price is $189/night. Each room includes a fully-equipped kitchen and free wireless internet too.

Hotel website:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cw/1/en/hotel/nyccw?&cm_mmc=mdpr-_-googlemaps-_-cw-_-nyccw

Reservation website for the $99/night deal:

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/new-york-hotels/723592

See you there,

Mark

#318603 - 01/12/10 09:00 AM Re: Hotel Sale: $99 Candlewood Suites Times Square [Re: Trucker51]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hope some of you took advantage of this because all nights are now sold-out at this rate.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#318608 - 01/12/10 09:46 AM Re: Hotel Sale: $99 Candlewood Suites Times Square [Re: onlyakid]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i went with the westside ymca opportunity. got a bunkbed room for about 100 bucks. split two ways that's 50 bucks per day. not bad. only drawback is that the bathroom is shared. other big plus is it's walking distance to the campus. no cab or travel fees. yay!

#318699 - 01/12/10 10:35 PM Re: Hotel Sale: $99 Candlewood Suites Times Square [Re: Sans Logos]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

For me I don't do shared bathrooms. Yeah I know that the doors lock and stuff but I just don't feel safe.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.