Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
1 registered (don64), 31 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445337 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#318501 - 01/11/10 12:31 PM DID Related Question to Fellow Male Survivors
oliver Offline

Loc: California, USA
I've been out of work on disability for close to 3 years and was put on disability a little over a year ago. Several months ago I was diagnosed with DID.

Am having a great deal of trouble getting my head around the concept of DID and the idea that it applies to me. However, I am all too aware that it is real and that when I lose time I'm actually quite active and proficient at getting things done that I'm quite simply unable to do when I am "me"

Anyway, my question is, if anyone else reading this might be dealing or have dealt with DID. I find that I am terrified that I might slip away into one of these "aspects"/"alters" and never return. To me, it feels like a sort of temporary death where I am not there. I find myself worrying that I could transition and never return. My therapist assures me that this is rare and that all these 'aspects' are ME, but if I am not there -- it doesn't feel right.

Is there anyone out there who feels this way or has felt this way? and if you do or have, how are you dealing/dealt with this horrible fear?

Oliver

#318528 - 01/11/10 05:04 PM Re: DID Related Question to Fellow Male Survivors [Re: oliver]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Hi Oliver

There are a bunch of guys here with DID.

DID is different in every person who has it, because it starts in small children as they experience abuse (usually). Each child makes it slightly different from others. Also, there are varying degrees of severity of DID, all the way from mild DID - which is like severe PTSD - to heavy DID - where the person has a bunch of different personalities (or alters).

There are several threads on DID already started here:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=259161&page=1

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...9090#Post299090

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...3322#Post303322

And I'm sure there are others.

We look forward to your participation here.

Allen

#318576 - 01/12/10 02:00 AM Re: DID Related Question to Fellow Male Survivors [Re: pufferfish]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

hi

i have it. n thats a good question. i dont know if its rare, but with us, the "original" one is not active anymore. actually he went to "the back" when we were around 5 i think.. so current hosts were not born with the body. it was very shocking to find this, we didn't know. we even found our original name and birthday last year.

from 13 to 15 another one (not the current hosts) was in charge, so yeah .. we've changed for long periods..

when there's too much going on we can switch to the bad crazy ones n that scares me... i'm also afraid we get stuck with them. we ended up in hospital for months when it happened

as allen said it's different for every1 .. n ya, drs have told me all of them are "me" but when you know "you" are not the "original" that's really hard to believe..it's unfair to say the others are part of "me" "me" isnt even .. real? idk its f*up i just dont think about it....guess thats my way of dealing with it... when it gets bad we switch.. thats all

hope we didn't hijack the thread im srry...

#318655 - 01/12/10 06:37 PM Re: DID Related Question to Fellow Male Survivors [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
Dude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Fort Smith, AR
I have DID and am doing pretty good. Like they say its diffrent for everyone. I slip away when triggers pop up and am gone until whenever. Longest I know of was 3 months in a row. I still have my wife (don't know how) and kids (my alters play with them). I know it's diffrent for everyone. Been in hospital a lot, ended up in an airport in NY, ended up, .aybe laatter

#318718 - 01/13/10 02:00 AM Re: DID Related Question to Fellow Male Survivors [Re: Dude]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dude, Thanks for helping us understand you better.

Daniel, Thanks for helping us all by your openness and willingness to bring these things up. It has helped us.

Allen

#318792 - 01/13/10 07:22 PM Re: DID Related Question to Fellow Male Survivors [Re: pufferfish]
Dude Offline
MaleSurvivor

I never get 2 come out n have fun. That totally suks. Being trapped and caged in the 1st place was bad enpugh and now again. Why don't he let us ouit some. Rules suck. J

#318900 - 01/14/10 01:41 PM Re: DID Related Question to Fellow Male Survivors [Re: Dude]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sometimes some of the children don't really come out very often. What is your name?

Allen

#318914 - 01/14/10 05:54 PM Re: DID Related Question to Fellow Male Survivors [Re: pufferfish]
Dude Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm Jay and I'm 16. I think D should let me come out whenever I feel like it. The only time I get to come out is to protect his ass and that suck's. If he found out I was out now it'd be another fight. God, boy do I hate him and that idiot Tim. J

#318926 - 01/14/10 09:26 PM Re: DID Related Question to Fellow Male Survivors [Re: Dude]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jay

Why does D get to decide so much?

Allen

#318941 - 01/14/10 11:50 PM Re: DID Related Question to Fellow Male Survivors [Re: pufferfish]
Dude Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't know, I think we shouls take a vote and let me in charge for once. All he does is be nice to people and let shit happen to us. Who said he could make all the rules. D just hates us all. He don't even know what happens most of the time. He just crawls up inside and hides. Just cuz he was born in the body don't make him incharge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.