Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (The Seeker, usmcmarine21, Seekingwisdom, Jude, aniceguy), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63372 Topics
443136 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#317084 - 12/31/09 12:27 AM Miguel Frontera's medical license revoked!!
just me Offline

TRIGGER WARNING!

This was posted at the end of a long list of posts about child psychiatrist Dr. William Ayres.

THIS IS ABOUT ANOTHER ONE!!!!
We need to get the police to prosecute instead of just forwarding the case to the licencing board! And now that the Board did their investigation there is enough to prosecute...so what are they waiting for.

www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bal-md.hs.doctor11nov11,0,7400198.story

baltimoresun.com

Towson doctor suspended on misconduct charges

Case involves 5 boys he was treating

By Meredith Cohn and James Drew

Baltimore Sun reporters

November 11, 2009

The state board that oversees Maryland doctors has suspended the license of Miguel Frontera, a Towson psychiatrist, for alleged improper conduct with five boys he was treating for behavioral issues between 2000 and 2009.

The doctor has not been charged criminally, but for now he cannot see patients. He faces a hearing Nov. 18 and can appeal the suspension.

Allegations from each of the boys, ages 10 to 12 at the time they were patients, were similar and all involved improper conduct during physical exams in his office that the doctor himself called "not, you know, necessary" and "very out of the mainstream of psychiatry," according to the suspension order issued by the Maryland Board of Physicians.

The public order says the investigation began after Baltimore County police turned over two reports in April. One report was filed in 2006 by a county high school crisis interventionist who said a boy she counseled told her he was repeatedly "molested" during treatment visits when he was 11 or 12. Earlier this year, the parents of another boy reported to police possible sexual abuse that they said occurred in 2003 when their son was 10.

The board launched an investigation into these cases, along with a separate case with similar facts that the board had closed against the doctor in 2006. Investigators also spoke to two other randomly selected boys that the doctor had physically examined during office visits. The boys were primarily being evaluated for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, the order says.

According to the order, the board investigation found that in four of the five cases, the doctor asked his patients to disrobe in front of him and put on a hospital gown. The order says the boys interviewed by police said Frontera then "performed physical examinations on them on a couch in the office," touching their genital areas.

Through an assistant in his office, Frontera referred questions to his attorney, who did not return phone calls.

Bill Toohey, a police spokesman, said police could confirm receiving only one complaint regarding a boy who believed he was inappropriately examined. He said police investigated in March and April, but in consultation with the county state's attorney's office determined that the allegation did not rise to the level of criminal activity. It was forwarded to the physicians board.

Jason League, chief of the child abuse-sex offense division of the Baltimore County state's attorney's office, said he didn't know why criminal charges weren't filed based on the March 2009 police report.

Referring to sexual abuse or molestation allegations, League said that "there are a whole lot of variables that go into these determinations" and prosecutors have to prove "intent of obtaining some kind of sexual gratification" by the perpetrator.

The physicians board is a panel of 21 people, including doctors, a physician's assistant and consumer representatives. It oversees the licenses of all doctors in the state.

It referred the cases to a psychiatrist, who determined Frontera had "engaged in unprofessional conduct in the practice of medicine, immoral conduct in the practice of medicine, sexual improprieties and sexual misconduct with patients." The reviewer also found that Frontera had "failed to meet appropriate standards for the delivery of quality medical care."

According to the order, the board also referred the cases to the Maryland Psychiatric Society, which evaluated the five cases and another five cases and found Frontera "failed to meet appropriate standards for the delivery of quality medical care and failed to keep adequate medical records."

John T. Papavasiliou, deputy director of the board of physicians, said Frontera will have an opportunity to provide the board with more information at the Nov. 18 hearing. The board could reinstate his license, continue the suspension or permanently revoke the license.

Frontera has had a medical license in Maryland since 1988. A Web site that bears his name, which has a 2009 date, says he practiced general and child and adolescent psychiatry, specializing in neuropsychiatry.

A spokeswoman for Sinai Hospital, Jill Bloom, says Frontera became an employee of the hospital when Sinai bought a large practice where he worked on Aug. 1. Bloom said the doctor did not disclose the investigation; the physicians board's order noted that an application for clinical privileges asked whether Frontera had been under investigation for sexual misconduct or child abuse, and the doctor had answered no.

"He remains an employee, but he can't practice," Bloom said.

Thanks pluckmemory and Catfish86, I relate with these survivors very much!
Just me

Doing a little follow up, this is unbelieveable this guy is not in jail without bond right now. The report including details without names (WARNING: VERY TRIGGERING)

https://www.mbp.state.md.us/bpqapp/Orders/D3755911.069.PDF

Article at: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bal-md.hs.doctor11nov11,0,5694699,comment-display-all.story

Basically, he subjected the boys to unchaperoned naked examinations that involved fondling and voyeurism. When you read the report, it makes you want to string him up. Notice on some of the boards that there are parents defending him as the kindest, nicest man who is working wonders with their children.

Edited by just me (03/30/11 10:37 AM)

#317115 - 12/31/09 05:37 AM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: just me]
pluckmemory Offline

I contacted Jason League's office(he's quoted in the article) in the Sex crimes unit of the Baltimore State's Attorney's office about Frontera yesterday. He was on vacation this week but I will follow up when he gets back next week.

Phone number at State Attorney's office: 410-887-6600

Edited by pluckmemory (12/31/09 05:41 AM)

#317164 - 12/31/09 02:38 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
just me Offline

It is so infuriating that people are blinded when a DOCTOR abuses....if this was any other person who worked with kids....ie: a school teacher, a coach, a baby sitter.....everyone would be on board with a prosecution...

BUT since it's a DOCTOR....somehow people think he's allowed to get kids naked and check them out !!!!!

I am soooo angry! He was supposed to be helping with a BEHAVIOR problem Therapy or medicine HELLO!!!!!!!!!! am i the only sane one left on the planet!!!!!

Sorry for the rant...but I fell a little better!
Thanks all,
JM

#317166 - 12/31/09 02:51 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: just me]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: just me

www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bal-md.hs.doctor11nov11,0,7400198.story

baltimoresun.com

Towson doctor suspended on misconduct charges

Case involves 5 boys he was treating

Our society is so, so blind. People have already forgotten about the story of the "king of pops". Netflix doesn't even have a search criterion for movies on child abuse. (For a Lost Soldier and many other movies aren't even pulled up by a search for "child abuse"). The list for other examples of blindness to the tragedy of child sexual abuse could go on and on.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#317181 - 12/31/09 05:49 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pufferfish]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I don't trust police or their judgment. There is another case from the 1990s in Washington state where almost 100 were accused based on one officer who interviewed his foster daughters. Of course, they alleged that over 40 adult males had raped them in orgies from 5-10 years old. One of the girls recanted, but after reviewing the trial tran>
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#317585 - 01/04/10 12:20 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: catfish86]
pluckmemory Offline

I emailed Jason League, head of the Sex Crimes Unit at the Baltimore State's Attorney's office to urge them to open up a criminal investigation. Others who feel strongly about this should as well.

Jason League's email: jleague@baltimorecountymd.gov

#317602 - 01/04/10 02:46 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

The William Ayres blog compares and contrasts the Ayres and Frontera child molesation cases:
http://williamayreswatch.blogspot.com/2010/01/maryland-psychiatrist-busted-for-child.html

#317891 - 01/06/10 03:21 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

I just spoke with Jason League, chief of the child abuse sex offense division of the Baltimore County State's Attorney's office and he said that new information about Frontera came to light after the news articles appeared. It appears that new victims have gone to the Maryland Board of Physicians adn he is in the process of reviewing the information.

League wouldn't say whether Frontera had ever "examined" his girl patients, but did say this information could play a part in his decision.

He said that the Maryland Court of Appeals recently ruled on a case involving a convicted sex offender who grabbed the behind of a seven year old girl in a store. He was convicted but the case was overturned because the Court of Appeals said they could not prove that what the guy did was sexual intent.

League said people still hold doctors in high regard and he said he was concerned that it would be harder for him to prove sexual intent in the Frontera case than in the case of the sex offender who grabbed the behind of the seven year old girl. Go figure.

Sure sounds like a slam dunk to me. I think prosecutors are intimidated by prosecuting doctors.

League did say that he had been studying the Dr. William Ayres case.

Edited by pluckmemory (01/06/10 06:11 PM)

#318178 - 01/08/10 11:55 AM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Dr. Frontera has a picture of himself with two little boys sitting on his lap over at Facebook:

(Link removed)

If you want to see the photo, it is posted over at www.williamayreswatch.blogspot.com

Edited by pluckmemory (01/08/10 03:36 PM)

#334996 - 06/30/10 07:00 PM Re: This needs its own post "TRIGGER WARNING" [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Progress! Dr. Miguel Frontera's medical license has been permanently revoked. And now the police have reopened their investigation after new information came to light:
http://www.marylandaccidentlawblog.com/2010/05/maryland_medical_malpractice_p.html

Unlike Dr. William Ayres - who will probably go to his death bed insisting that there was a medical reason for groping the genitalia of boys - Dr. Frontera actually admitted to the police that "there was no medical reason " for him to be touching boys.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.