Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (unhappycamper, Obi), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442039 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#318136 - 01/07/10 11:30 PM Inner Child-Peace
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Peace, is the word I had been signing my posts with in the beginning. I have to admit I was doing this in an effort to NOT only wish others peace but also to be able to see the word.

****possible triggers*****
I have been doing "inner child" work for a couple of years. It took me along time to even say Donnie with some assistance of a wonderful man here. When I was able to do this, I saw the hurting - bloody - body Donnie got after the first time with R. I held Donnie as he cried and screamed. I gently stoked his hair and told him I love him. I whispered "your safe and free to play". I said this many times as Donnie needed to grieve. Next to the birth of my son and Daughter these times were the most precious and healing.

Fast forward several weeks to just two days ago.

Well, I have achieved the biggest wave of self-forgivenss/Peace in my last Therapy session. I was raped as 28 at gun point by two guys in a public space. I was ready to face the feelings and the messages with My T. Another wonderful man here assisted me in getting ready. So, I had a T session yesterday.

I started the T session out by asking my T, if she was stop seeing me if I told her what happened. This was a huge issue for me. She said I will never tell you to leave. ***sigh*** I then told her what happened in detail included the "clicks" of the gun and what they said to me. I trust my T with all my heart so, I was ready to really hear her.

She gently said "you had no choice in order to survive", "you did what you had to do" and "it was not your fault". These three statements were said at the right moment. I took several slow deep breaths and listened to her. It was beautiful and so spiritual. I instantly forgave myself and accepted my place in life.

I have done alot of great work but the two pieces of holding Donnie and then forgiving DJ for being there has been inspirational.

I can build now on a great foundation. I LOVE YOU - Donnie.

Peace,
Donnie-DJ

Edited by DJsport (01/08/10 09:47 AM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#318148 - 01/08/10 12:31 AM Re: Inner Child-Peace [Re: DJsport]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Congrats DJ! Sometimes that's what it takes... lots of work to prepare you for the moment when someone says exactly what you need to hear for the pieces to fall into place. My T did the same for me... more then once I must say.

Be good to your self and rest peacefully!

Michael

#318156 - 01/08/10 02:53 AM Re: Inner Child-Peace [Re: M3]
sono Offline
MaleSurvivor

Donnie-DJ

Thanks for that inspirational story and message of hope for those of us still trying to find, give comfort to and forgive our inner-child...I mean that very sincerely. You've given me some useful images to work with and I appreciate that very much. Continued healing...

sono

#318158 - 01/08/10 03:35 AM Re: Inner Child-Peace [Re: sono]
nomansanisland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM
Donnie,
amazing work. Good to free your heart and soul of the burden. you deserve all the best Donnie. See yourself having your hearts desire. sleep well , dream the dreams you always wanted...

patrick

#318215 - 01/08/10 06:05 PM Re: Inner Child-Peace [Re: nomansanisland]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is the most wonderful event of my personal life.

I have no more hatred and ill feelings.

I will celebrate me and my uniqueness.

I do not have issues with any addiction - Alcohol, drugs or sex. I am NOT taking any meds. I am single.

I have processed two violent attacks one as a kid and one as an adult. I am looking at an abusive mom and a dysfunctional family system.

I can and do handle life's challenges. I have some clean up to do.

Donnie and I can be together and are Whole.

I owe alot to you guys and gals.

Donnie-DJ

Edited by DJsport (01/08/10 06:15 PM)

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.