Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (hike1972, lapchinj, Jay1946, Cam76, 2 invisible), 66 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62509 Topics
438074 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#318058 - 01/07/10 02:22 PM Feds find rampant CSA at juvenile jails
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I found this on MSN today, which should come as no surprise to anyone. The question is, what to do about it???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34748762/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

#318061 - 01/07/10 02:30 PM Re: Feds find rampant CSA at juvenile jails [Re: Trucker51]
pluckmemory Online   content

Well, Dr. William Ayres, who has been arrested for pedophilia in San Mateo, California , had a contract with the juvenile courts for decades to treat juveniles there. Many of his victims are juveniles. Is there no safety anywhere?

#318064 - 01/07/10 02:41 PM Re: Feds find rampant CSA at juvenile jails [Re: pluckmemory]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I find this quote interesting:
Quote:
About 10 percent reported incidents involved facility staff people, and nearly all of those complaints were against female staffers.

[Sarcasm]
Hmmmm that can't be can it? Women never abuse young people! It just never happens!
[/Sarcasm]

... maybe as more crap like this comes up people just might start opening their eyes and seeing the truth!

Edited by JustScott (01/07/10 02:41 PM)

#318067 - 01/07/10 02:57 PM Re: Feds find rampant CSA at juvenile jails [Re: JustScott]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yikes,

Can we assume this happens all the time?

I remember a juvenille facility when I was a kid which housed the toughest of the tough.

Not all females are 100% warm and wonderful.

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#318110 - 01/07/10 07:32 PM Re: Feds find rampant CSA at juvenile jails [Re: DJsport]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
The female abuse is a double standard. Of course, especially in the past the attitude was "those kids got lucky". Don't forget female on female either, they did not break this down. I was talking with a client that I have had for years that grew up in the worst neighborhood in a neighboring city as a white female and I grew up in the worst neighborhood of mine as a small white boy. Ironically, although some stuff was tried with me, my uncle was the only one successful at it. I guess he toughened me up. But through it all, somehow I figured out that whole scene was a sh*(&ole and got out of it. Many of our friends were in and out of these facilities. The abusers weren't seen as gay, they were just scratching the itch on the weak who deserved it because they were weak. Street rat ethics at its finest.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#318276 - 01/09/10 04:27 AM Re: Feds find rampant CSA at juvenile jails [Re: catfish86]
BloggerT Offline

Here is more on this and a link to the report:

Approximately 95% of all youth reporting staff sexual misconduct said they had been victimized by female staff. In 2008, 42% of staff in state juvenile facilities were female.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=2113.

#318402 - 01/10/10 09:38 AM Re: Feds find rampant CSA at juvenile jails [Re: BloggerT]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
This is just disgusting. I know you can't really screen well ahead of time for a potential risk to minors, but there must be something you can do. This is such an epidemic, it's been going on for years and years, and finally people are able to feel somewhat safe coming public and telling their stories. I totally understand this must be even harder in an institution; we really need a change in society.

Lets work together to change the world we live in, we can do it one person at a time.

J.R.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.