Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
5 registered (5 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443077 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#317207 - 12/31/09 09:47 PM standing with the poor
jls Offline

I'm not sure if this belongs in the religious forum but I can't help but think that there is a spiritual relevance to standing with the poor rather than the rich. I have always stood among the poor, whether they be kids or adults, regardless of what their situation is. I call it a form of democracy since it is certain than there are more poor than rich in this world, so its better to service the majority rather than than the minority, if this makes any sense. JS

#321663 - 02/10/10 09:01 AM Re: standing with the poor [Re: jls]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Thank you JS, for your contribution.
Jesus certainly stood among and sought out the poor and afflicted, and he criticized the Pharisees that took from the poor and offered nothing for their relief. (Luke 16:14, Luke 10:30-37, Luke 18:22,23)
For our part too, let us offer what Jesus offered, a kingdom, spiritually and physically, of relief. Give of ourselves for those less able.
In that action, we too, will stand with the poor, and Jesus and his Father will reward us.
Thank you again, for your insightful comments,
sasuva

#322001 - 02/13/10 05:39 PM Re: standing with the poor [Re: SamV]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
js,

In this phrase from the Bible "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they shall inherit the earth." the word "spirit" refers to monetary and material wealth, so I'm taking it to mean that the poorest among us in terms of money are who shall inherit the earth. It is an honor and a pleasure to serve these people. And in doing so, we create greater meaning and mental health in our own lives.

Rocco

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.