Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441739 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#311528 - 11/23/09 04:28 PM Re: what is borderline? [Re: boylikeme]
just me Offline

Hi,
I am not addressing the accuracy of someone calling you borderline and I agree with the others here that I am sorry for your recent frustration but here is the information you asked for:

"Borderline" is referring to a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder, common in survivors of abuse. Here is the Wikipedia link to this topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

#311598 - 11/24/09 12:13 PM Re: what is borderline? [Re: just me]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell
i didnt go to therapy today

im so gonna be in trouble

#311670 - 11/25/09 12:40 AM Re: what is borderline? [Re: boylikeme]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

how's it going Corey? hope u r not in trouble

#311723 - 11/25/09 10:43 AM Re: what is borderline? [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
boylikeme Offline

my mum is pretty mad.. but i promised to take my lil sis n her friends to see New Moon tonight n that softened the rage a bit..

dunno wot the t will say... ugh

#311754 - 11/25/09 03:52 PM Re: what is borderline? [Re: boylikeme]
zb420 Offline

Edited by zb420 (12/14/09 09:53 PM)

#311760 - 11/25/09 05:11 PM Re: what is borderline? [Re: zb420]
boylikeme Offline

new moon was ok.. i mean.. not a great film but taylor lautner looked hott..lol.. bit hard with all those girlish squeals around me tho

#316462 - 12/26/09 04:33 PM Re: what is borderline? [Re: boylikeme]
jls Offline

Nobody likes to be slapped with a diagnosis. As a child, around the age of 9 or 10, I was diagnosed a learning disability. I remember railing against it at the time, feeling very upset, since this meant feeling inherently "different", which no child likes to feel. Later in life, as an adult I had to come to terms with my depression. For years I was depressed but it was the growing feeling of futility and the thoughts of suicide that made me get help in the form of medication. Even now I still occasionally struggle with the abuse label since it makes me feel damaged and different from other people. However, in all three of these examples eventually accepting the diagnosis' or categorizations led to positive outcomes. As a child, my school work improved by accepting my learning disability and receiving the resulting support. This was also true during my post-secondary education. As an adult, finally getting on meds for my depression and dealing with my abuse issues in an honest fashion has and still is changing my life n remarkable ways. I realize accepting a diagnosis of borderline is hard since like you said it seems so opaque. I'm not saying you should accept it right off the bat but following receiving the right information I encourage you to do to some soul searching to see if it feels right for you. JS

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.