Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (petercorbett, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446668 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#316272 - 12/25/09 02:16 PM purpose
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ever since, I can remember in Sunday School - I was told there is a purpose for everything.

What is the purpose of being physically alone on Christmas?

Have I failed to listen? Probably. To whom?

I am listening now. I know in the silence the heart speaks.

I am trying to understand the purpose of being alone physically today.

Any thoughts?

Donnie

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#316281 - 12/25/09 03:08 PM Re: purpose to lonleness [Re: DJsport]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I know one thought:

I dont have to listen to the bad messages and know I still have good to give.

Donnie

Edited by DJsport (12/25/09 04:10 PM)

#316294 - 12/25/09 04:19 PM Re: purpose [Re: DJsport]
jls Offline

DJ,

I'm alone today too but you can look at it as not being alone since we are here on this board together. Re: that there is purpose for everything I'm not sure I believe that. Perhaps I look at it in reverse, as in its up to us to find purpose in the events that shape our lives. Just my thoughts. JS

#316296 - 12/25/09 04:32 PM Re: purpose [Re: jls]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: jls
its up to us to find purpose in the events that shape our lives

JLS

Exactly what I needed to hear.

Life even as a baby or a kid is about finding purpose. And when the csa or the sa or the neglect of parents was there it altered the purpose.

Fantastic. I get it....

What a gift to learn.

Donnie

#316297 - 12/25/09 04:50 PM Re: purpose [Re: DJsport]
jls Offline

Finding purpose is such a struggle for humans eh? It may seem silly but often when I'm trying to understand the purpose of my life I look at my cat and wonder what purpose means to him since eating, sleeping and playing appears to be all is all that is needed to make him content. I often envy animals in this way. However, this should be all that children require too so I agree with you that abuse in childhood can alter one's purpose in the way that you described. Maybe my New Year's resolution will be just that, to eat, sleep and play more rather than work, worry and wearing myself out to the point of exhaustion all the time.

#316307 - 12/25/09 06:20 PM Re: purpose [Re: DJsport]
mrd Offline

Hi Donnie

Just maybe God is trying to give you the real understanding of Christmas. It is the gift of reconciliation He offers us through the divine birth of Christ. It fulfills prophecy too. Not many gathered together today understand that. To know and accept Christ is a most important decision made alone. I now know how alone I was on Christmases gone by that I shared with many people. And now serving Jesus I'm often alone physically but always connected to everyone. My 2 cents.

peace and love
mrd

#316327 - 12/25/09 08:24 PM Re: purpose [Re: mrd]
jls Offline

"It fulfills prophecy too. Not many gathered together today understand that."

Can you explain prophesy, and what you mean by none of us here understanding it? An expanation to start with would go along way.

#316400 - 12/26/09 08:59 AM Re: purpose [Re: jls]
mrd Offline

jls
Prophecy tell of what will happen before it happens. The book of Revelations speaks of the future to come.
All through the Old Testament, it speaks of a savior coming to save humanity. There are many references to Jesus coming in the OT. In the NT, Luke 1:67-70 speaks of prophecy. I said not many understand what Christmas is really all about. Most think its about giving presents, big feast, and such. It is the celebration of Christ coming to save us, the other festivities are fine as long as one remembers the purpose of Christmas.

peace and love
mrd

#316414 - 12/26/09 11:09 AM Re: purpose [Re: mrd]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mrd

I know Christ as my personal Lord and Savior and I have an active prayer Life. I have an extensive knowledge of the Bible. I have an extensive spiritual base.

This thread is my coming to terms with my having Christmas - physically alone. I did very well for the most part.

DJ

#316494 - 12/26/09 09:29 PM Re: purpose [Re: DJsport]
mrd Offline

Donnie

When I don't understand things/ situations happening in my life, often I find it is me trying to comply with the ways of this world and God teaching me to learn and accept His way. Sometimes I get it pretty quickly, other times I don't. When I don't I pray for the understanding and then learn to wait on the Lord for the answer.

mrd

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.