Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (CafeMan, Obi, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63227 Topics
442142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#316455 - 12/26/09 04:05 PM Re: I hope God is pissed... [Re: Dale English]
jls Offline

What I find shocking, at least in my jurisdiction, is that proefessionals like myself who work with vulnerable populations are required by law to report suspected cases of abuse yet parents and other family members are not. One would hope that it shouldn't require a law for a parent or gaurdian to report the abuse of a child yet there are too many cases where they turn a blind eye. JS

#316761 - 12/29/09 03:24 AM Re: I hope God is pissed... [Re: jls]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Jls, even more sad that those in such positions of authority, teachers, preachers, doctors, KNOW, but they still don't so anything.

#316939 - 12/30/09 09:48 AM Re: I hope God is pissed... [Re: Dale English]
mike5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Originally Posted By: Taz
To this question my reply is ANYONE who fails to report child abuse to the authorities should be criminally charged. And my follow-up question is why is it that ONLY "men and women of God" are still exempt from the law??

I doubt that you meant it this way, but I thought I'd point out that, given our human tendency to overreact, "anyone" sounds potentially dangerous. How about "any competent adult"? I'd hate to see someone abused and then charged for not reporting it.

As for your follow up, I don't know what laws they are exempt from, but I'm all for teaching all adults that they are all mandated reporters at all times and in all places and holding us all to the highest standard of personal responsibility.

To paraphrase a discussion about discussions and arguments:
Originally Posted By: DM
'The present state of acceptable [behavior] did not come about at one fell swoop at the hands of rational argument towards those who saw nothing wrong with "nigger-rigged", you "gypped me", he "jewed me down", "are you on the rag?" and the like [including child abuse]. It came about because such people came to see that most other people, even of their affiliation groups, thought that they were complete assholes [and much worse!] for saying [and doing] that stuff. They came to see that because people called them assholes.'

Keep speaking up! smirk

Mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.