Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (lapchinj), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#316022 - 12/24/09 06:54 AM What's your New Year's resolution?
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
My New year's resolution is to stop smoking. I mean I tried stopping a couple of times but this time my brothers would stop with me? LOL Idk if they can keep my promise, I might be successful.

Marvin

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#316098 - 12/24/09 04:28 PM Re: What's your New Year's resolution? [Re: b869]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I quit smoking for 5 days last week!!! Sure helps with breathing, walking, and exercise!!! Maybe I'll try again for the New Year??? Don't want to gain any more weight though!!! The first time that I quit I gained 40 pounds!!!

Have a happy holiday Marvin, good luck on trying to quit. The nicotine patches worked for me the first time, your first chance to quit smoking is the easiest and it doesn't get any easier later.

Mark

#316101 - 12/24/09 05:14 PM Re: What's your New Year's resolution? [Re: b869]
jls Offline

Mine is to be happier and healthier, which includes a wide variety of things, like not stressing so much and by extension reducing if not quitting smoking all together. I'm not going to lie, I enjoy smoking, just not chain smoking. A cigarette with my coffee in the morning or after meals is nice but having one every 20 minutes is too much. Truth is every male in my family encounters serious health problems by the time they reach 50 if they are still smoking so it would be stupid of me not do do something about it before then. With the knowledge I have about my family history doing nothing about my smoking could be considered a slow form of suicide. That said, there are immediate benefits to quitting or cutting down too, like saving money and developing better taste and smell. I have an aunt who is a reformed smoker. She told me what made her quit was realizing that she was an adult who didn't require a pacifier. Thinking about it in those terms makes sucking one's thumb appear more appealing.

#316108 - 12/24/09 05:53 PM Re: What's your New Year's resolution? [Re: jls]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

My New Years Resolutions:

Go to an WoR to obtain more serenity over the affects of the csa.

Finish my degree

To get to know my kids more.

To get to know you all more.

(I don't smoke)

Donnie

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#316112 - 12/24/09 06:08 PM Re: What's your New Year's resolution? [Re: DJsport]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Marvin,

my goal for the new year is to get back into shape to walk/run a 5k race. Give me a reson to get back into some kind of shape maybe do a couple races a year.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#316127 - 12/24/09 08:35 PM Re: What's your New Year's resolution? [Re: DJsport]
jls Offline

You don't smoke?? What are you, some kind of square? Just kidding of course:) DJ though in all seriousness you and your family have a happy holiday OK? I'm wishing you and them all the best:)

#316129 - 12/24/09 08:37 PM Re: What's your New Year's resolution? [Re: michael banks]
Ornias Offline

mine is to live until the next new years, cheezy i know lol

#316164 - 12/24/09 11:57 PM Re: What's your New Year's resolution? [Re: Ornias]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Mine is to be completely out of debt in 2010.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#316186 - 12/25/09 05:10 AM Re: What's your New Year's resolution? [Re: FormerTexan]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell

well.. i quit smokin last year.. so...

i wanna drink less
i wanna fight less
i wanna be less of a burden to my family
dont wanna be so moody n have such a bad temper
wanna be a lot less slutty

n id like to make at least one friend in real life

#316194 - 12/25/09 07:42 AM Re: What's your New Year's resolution? [Re: boylikeme]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
I just wanna add to my new year's resolution

I wanna be less violent

I wanna be stop being scared of things I wanna do

Be more confident

and stop hurting my self (physically and emotionally)

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.