Newest Members
Hank2, Severe stammer, Jeff B., Aquarian, synthguy
12837 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Melanie (44), txb (21)
Who's Online
3 registered (Fabio_SP, GT13568, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12837 Members
75 Forums
66340 Topics
463566 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#313553 - 12/08/09 12:31 PM confidence & 2nd guessing
DJsport Offline

In my recovery, I am going directly to action. I have been 2nd guessing myself - this is true. You all know by seeing my many posts.

I am getting better balance in my life emotionally. While this balancing act happens emotionally the other events fall into place ie my friendships, therapy, my family interactions, money, and job.

I have drawn from the tools I know from my 12-step program. I have gotten most of my affirmation for my daily life from you guys here.

Personally, I have learned to breathe (the csa caused me to have PTSD and one of the affects was I stop breathing at emotional moments), cry when I need to, be angry when I need to, take breaks to clear my mind, exercise, consume food that is healthy (ok, I fudge a little), HAVE FUN, be present, get together with friends, be here, give back, help others, and go to the bathroom as my body needs to.

I do not go to the 3rd or 4th or more guessing myself.

I came to accept what happened to me as a boy last November. I continue to grieve but starting this summer I with the help of my T, my T group members and some great men here (Sans-Ron, Andy both Nev-FT, Sono, JDV, etc) I got to the deep sorrow and Joy Donnie missed feeling.

Now to continue and not 2nd guess my self just know I can make a decision and feel what I need to feel and be whole.

There will be bumps and mistakes made and can handle them.

I love this website and all that are here.

Keep on keeping on.

Live to your fullest potential

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#314157 - 12/12/09 09:34 PM Re: confidence & 2nd guessing [Re: DJsport]
M3 Offline

Loc: Central Ohio

#315358 - 12/20/09 11:20 AM Re: confidence & 2nd guessing [Re: M3]
Charlie24 Offline

Donnie I'm horrible at second guessing myself. Tests included. I always wanna sit there and imagine every scenario possible.

I say well this could happen or that could happen and then I freak myself out and really just end up scaring myself.

It's great your getting better about these kind of things.

Good job.

I feel in a small way I am too.

#315400 - 12/20/09 03:18 PM Re: confidence & 2nd guessing [Re: Charlie24]
philistine Offline

Loc: Oregon
I have the same problem, 2nd, 3rd 4th and 5th.

I've been trying to make decisions and then let it go and just live.

"No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" - Nietzsche

#315566 - 12/21/09 06:49 PM Re: confidence & 2nd guessing [Re: philistine]
M3 Offline

Loc: Central Ohio
It's tough isn't it. Just making the decision is bad enough!

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.