Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
5 registered (CafeMan, Max10, 3 invisible), 106 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62524 Topics
438156 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#315415 - 12/20/09 05:57 PM Does anyone fly in their dreams
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Hi, paul here.

I love to dream, when i can fly. i am so free and "high." I hate heights, but when i dream about flying, it feels natural.

i can run and take off, or just stand still in a crowd and levitate. sometimes it's high and fast, but mostly easy does it.

i think it is my child who is escaping my childhood.

Any thoughts or ideas?

appreciate it everyone,

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#315418 - 12/20/09 06:13 PM Re: Does anyone fly in their dreams [Re: pbert53]
h.beat,h.break Offline

Loc: New York
I'm no expert on dreams and I rarely have dreams myself. But I believe that the aspect of dreaming is a thought of freedom all it's own.

You're not bound to your past abuse (in the physical sense), but now you are capable of power that you never had as a child. Sounds like a pretty groovy deal to me. I'm envious of you, guy. wink

#315421 - 12/20/09 06:31 PM Re: Does anyone fly in their dreams [Re: h.beat,h.break]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Remy! you da man.

paul

#315521 - 12/21/09 12:47 PM Re: Does anyone fly in their dreams [Re: pbert53]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Does the sun rise in the East...???

...Good, as that is the direction from where I come...

Dreaming is fun...and so is...out of body deep tissue massage...(that about blew my fricken mind dude...!!!).

Perhaps I should fly back to the plateau...as I can see all of Puyallup from there...!!!

Where Eagles Dare (Iron Maiden)

island

#315545 - 12/21/09 04:26 PM Re: Does anyone fly in their dreams [Re: 1islandboy]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

island boy, good to hear from you.

paul

#315608 - 12/21/09 10:22 PM Re: Does anyone fly in their dreams [Re: pbert53]
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast
I would leave my body and fly during the abuse when I was little. I never felt so free.

Dale

#434321 - 05/11/13 02:08 AM Re: Does anyone fly in their dreams [Re: pbert53]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island
Paul, I don't know, but I have dreams CONSTANTLY- like ALL THE TIME- where I once again "discover" that if I concentrate hard enough I can make myself levitate and fly. I have these all the time. I think every time I have them I get better and better at controlling it. Early on I would be willing myself up into the air, but I'd start going up too fast, panic, and drop like a stone and wake up just as I was splatting into the ground.

Last night I dreamt I was with the only girl I can truly say was the love of my life (at 16)- one of only two people I ever fell in love with, but the other girl never knew- this one (we'll call her Sh) knew and at one time we both loved that we each knew but didn't even have to say it- like we just telepathically communicated to each other that we were in love. But she rejected me after only 2 weeks of being in love back, but kind of remained friends, and kind of teased me over the years as though she would once again love me (the greatest feeling I've ever felt- I never before or since felt so alive and happy- which is why I hate when I dream about her, cuz it reminds me how great it felt when she loved me, and that I'll never have that again). Anyway the whole dream I was trying to show her I had super powers, like flying, but nothing could seem to impress her. Still an awesome dream, though.

Edited by Life's A Dream (05/11/13 02:12 AM)

#434324 - 05/11/13 02:14 AM Re: Does anyone fly in their dreams [Re: Elad 12]
Life's A Dream Offline

Originally Posted By: Elad 12
I would leave my body and fly during the abuse when I was little. I never felt so free.

Dale

It's very rare that I get myself to do this, but it is truly an amazing experience floating up out of your body and flying around your house. I wish I had the discipline to learn how to make it happen at will.

#434325 - 05/11/13 02:15 AM Re: Does anyone fly in their dreams [Re: 1islandboy]
Life's A Dream Offline

Originally Posted By: 1islandboy
Does the sun rise in the East...???

...Good, as that is the direction from where I come...

Dreaming is fun...and so is...out of body deep tissue massage...(that about blew my fricken mind dude...!!!).

Perhaps I should fly back to the plateau...as I can see all of Puyallup from there...!!!

Where Eagles Dare (Iron Maiden)

island

Did you ever see that slingshot ejector thing at the Puyallup fair while floating around?

#434327 - 05/11/13 02:55 AM Re: Does anyone fly in their dreams [Re: pbert53]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i remember falling a lot in my dreams.
i started to use my arms as wings, and sort of developed a controlled form of falling, which was more like gliding than anything. i still remember the sensation of the air flowing under my hands, like when you have your arm hanging out the side of a moving vehicle.

my dreams, during the worst times, were always vivid, full colour, and 3 dimensional. they were as real to me as this world. sometimes i was able to jump like superman, for miles, but i could not stay up. i would always fall back to the ground and sort of bounce or jump back up again.

unfortunately, none of my dreams were pleasant. every single dream, that i recall, involved being chased or murdered. i would spend the entire dream avoiding whatever was after me.
i never knew what it was until it caught me, but i always knew that something extremely dangerous was out to get me.

when the chase was ended, the murder would occur.
my murderer was never the same person or thing, and neither was the weapon or method of death. i would always experience the intense fear and pain of the moment, the knife, the bullet, the flame, destroying my flesh, entering my body. then everytime i would wake up just at the moment that i was actually going to die. in bed... safe. in shock. wondering where i was. the death was so real, it took me some time to realize it was not real. then i would experience the most intense pleasure of relief. it was like being born again every time this happened. it carried on some years into my marriage, and my wife said that it was very scary for her, because i would be crying, yelling and screaming, soaked in sweat. thrashing around violently in the bed.

sometimes i would wake up, know i was awake, and yet be completely paralyzed. unable to move a single muscle.
unable to even speak.

sometimes i would jump straight out of bed and run around the house in a panic, checking locks and looking for the murderer. not quite convinced i was safe yet.

believe it or not,
i learned to love the intensity of this experience. i became addicted to the experience of actually dying and waking up to safety. i thought i was lucky, and that other people didn't know what they were missing.
i considered it my own private total immersion theater.

i actually missed the nightmares when they stopped.
i still don't know why they stopped. they just stopped one day many years ago, and never returned.

i pray they never come back.

during these nightmares, i tried, but could not jump or fly as means to escape my pursuer.
whatever was chasing me could also fly.

i could not even run. it always felt like i was running in knee-deep water. or else it felt like my legs were rubber, and not under my control. i would fall to the ground and crawl faster than i was able to run.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.