Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (md4e, Johnnygolightly, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443147 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#315252 - 12/19/09 07:47 PM Submit, on MS
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
I've written before about how much some little things really get to bothering me. One of those things was how when you write anything here on the site that you eventually have to click on "Submit" at the bottom of the screen. My history and my present state of things makes things like this turn into such a big problem at times. Is there any way that that could be changed to just say: enter, post, ???? something other than submit?

It just really gets to me especially when I am feeling really vulnerable. There are times I write about things then I get to the end and I can't click on that button onscreen... I end up deleting it all and not sharing anything. The only times it don't much bother me is when it's a subject that is not so personal to me like politics or something that sparks anger or justice, but when it is the inside of me that I want to share.... It's just that powerful of a word to me.

Something that may not seem like a big deal to most but I felt like saying something about it again. Here I go with my eyes closed as I click on it once more...

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#315257 - 12/19/09 08:54 PM Re: Submit, on MS [Re: usmc97]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
While that doesn't trigger me, I can see how it might trigger others. It may not be able to be changed but if it can I think it would be appropriate to do. I think POST is a appropriate word.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#315269 - 12/19/09 10:35 PM Re: Submit, on MS [Re: onlyakid]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah, I hear you on that usm97. That one has gotten my attention a time or two as well. I don't know if anything can be done about it because it is written into the basic code of software that powers our site. I've participated in a number of other discussion board that also use this same software and they all say the same thing. I'll at least make an inquiry or two but please don't get your hopes too high.

John

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.