Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
2 registered (96789594, 1 invisible), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63113 Topics
441364 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3150 - 08/05/03 04:54 AM going to therapy
MM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Well, Iíd like to thank everybody whoís helped me so much since I first came here. Itís been pretty hard lately and just wanted to let you all in on how lifeís been going this last week. There are so many feelings going through my head, itís hard to predict where Iím going to Ö Iíve been having trouble sleeping at night, night before last I barely slept at all. I spent the night having nightmares of getting sexually abused, over & over & over again. Itís been so difficult; I wish I could forget all that, I feel so damn tiredÖ

On the bright side, my gf and I are back again together, in fact we were never apart, itís something that only happened on my mind. Sometimes, I think Iím going crazy Ö sheís been the most incredible help to me, listens whenever I need to rant, doesnít push me when I donít wanna talk, is tender and loving to me all the time, never judges me or my acts. She was upset of course, and was very disgusted at all that crap, but not AT ME, and man that made a huge difference ... I canít believe how much she loves me, Iím really blessed to have her by my side. I still wanna protect her in any way that I can, but now I feel free to talk to her about everything, things I always believed I would NEVER discuss with her.

Many of you wrote to me to express your feelings about going to see a therapist and I slowly started to realize that it was the best thing I could do, for our relationship and for me. Weíve found some therapists through a local organization that supports victims of rape and child molestation, and weíre calling some of them to sort of interview them, know about their approaches and what I can expect from our first meeting. I already feel like I had taken a small step in gaining control of my life, and it feels good, but Iíve gotta tell you, Iím scared to death to go through that door, sometimes I feel like I want to puke.

Anyway, I just thought Iíd share some good news for a change with all of you. Thanks to all who share and care here,

MM

#3151 - 08/05/03 06:06 AM Re: going to therapy
zadok1 Offline

Loc: Ohio
MM,

i think you are definately making the right moves, and doing the right things. hang in there, it does get better. it just takes time and work, a whole lot of both.

jeff

#3152 - 08/05/03 08:56 AM Re: going to therapy
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
MM,

Great news. I know how hard it was for me to mention sexual abuse to my psychologist. It was so hard that I didn't. We were actually in couples therapy because we nearly lost our mariage. My wife whom I told just before starting the therapy said something in a session like, "What about that thing you finally told me this summer?" and of course, the psychologist was all over that.

In a way, Susie pushed me to it as your girlfriend pushed you to come here, etc. Ain't it wonderful to have such beautiful people in our lives?

I'd say, "Don't worry, don't be afraid," but that'd be a pretty stupid thing to say. So listen to what Jeff said.

Thanks again,

Joe

#3153 - 08/05/03 10:54 AM Re: going to therapy
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Super Great news MM.It always does my heart good to see survivors begining their Healing. One thing about T's remember they work for you. I checked out 3 different ones to find the T I felt safe with. Also go to the Male Survivors home page and check out the article called shopping for a therapist. Good luck in your HEALING.

Muldoon

#3154 - 08/05/03 11:22 AM Re: going to therapy
BT Offline

Loc: Chicago IL
Congratulations, MM, on a great begining. It sounds like you and your gf have a great relationship and I am glad you have her.

I think finding a therapist to work with is a great move. Take it one day at a time and stay in touch here.

Wishing you the best.

BT

#3155 - 08/05/03 11:26 AM Re: going to therapy
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
MM I have been going through the same shit over my sleep. It has been weeks since I got a good nights sleep. Hopefully I can do a overnight sleep study this week at the clnic. When I lay down I get dizzy and short of breath and end up getting back up. I can sleep sitting up in a chair but can't sleep laying down.
What I forgot to tell ya was that there is lots of info on sleep disorder at WEBMD.com It has helped me understand whats going on inside. Best of Luck. Muldoon

#3156 - 08/05/03 01:36 PM Re: going to therapy
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
MM
My brother you have made incredible progress since I have known you. You have a true gem in your girlfriend; she loves you very much and I know you feel the same about her. My wife had exactly the same feelings when I finally told her; as did my daughter. MM relationships are built on trust and you are now free to reveal everything. As I said before what a long distance you have come.

It is gratifying for you to share this with us. As I said before you gave us your trust and that was huge for us. And you got much the same from us as from that wonderful lady. You cannot begin to realized what this post of your does to boost morale for everyone who reads it.

Keep us posted and continue to bring us your issues.

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#3157 - 08/05/03 02:57 PM Re: going to therapy
MrDon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Deltona, FL
Glad to hear it.

And remember

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

And that step is the one you are taking.

Don

The Mind Body Thoughts Blog
http://mindbodythoughts.blogspot.com/

Check out my relaxing piano music from the heart!
http://www.donshetterly.com

#3158 - 08/05/03 07:16 PM Re: going to therapy
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
MM
When you walk through that door, we'll all be right behind you.

Dave ;\)

#3159 - 08/05/03 07:22 PM Re: going to therapy
martin Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The Good Earth
MM,

You are making some very brave and positive moves. Give yourself a pat on the back. You certainly deserve it. As does your gf.

Hope the road ahead has many bright spots. Keep posting here too. You and your love are an inspiration.

be gentle,

Aaron

Its times like these time & time again.
-The Foo Fighters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.