Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447956 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 11 of 19 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#31457 - 07/26/05 08:46 PM Re: Quote of the week.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Jake was always a big part of these forums, with his dyslexic spelling and unconditional support and friendship towards everyone.

His last post had me in tears, I was so full of rage that Jake died at 21, and full of hope that we can all come to the place was at when he died.
Jake did the work, he was healing, I think he died in peace.

Here's some words from his last posting that deserve reading - often.
Dave

Quote:
fuck it was freaking beyond hell but it was the past, bad as it was , its past , it happened but it ain't happening now. Don't be scared of it, look at it, know what triggers it, and know that you were the innocent victim of evil, it sucks that there is evil out there, but we had no control over it, it didn't find us cause we were bad or worthless, it just found us for no freaking good reason, if not us it would have been someone else. The why it happened don't freaking matter, the getting better from it does, and we freaking deserve getting better.

#31458 - 07/26/05 09:08 PM Re: Quote of the week.
Andrew Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

That was a great message. A hard fastball, straight down the pipe. Peace, A

#31459 - 07/26/05 09:27 PM Re: Quote of the week.
Bobby Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona

#31460 - 08/03/05 05:49 PM Re: Quote of the week.
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
This is an excellent quote from puppy, and he is spot on,

Quote:
personally i think there should be much longer prison sentences for child molesters. its really sad that you would spend more time in prison for stealing a car than for abusing a child. and i highly doubt the guy whose car you stole would be in therapy 30 years later.

--------------------
pUpPy

#31461 - 08/17/05 08:28 PM Re: Quote of the week.
ForeverFighting Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Mexico, USA
FormerTexan wrote this to me. I've never heard it said so simply.
Quote:
It takes relationships to fix us, since it took relationships to break us.
This site proves that together we have so much more wisdom than each of us could ever find on our own.

"This search for the truth--it's not for the faint of heart."--Goren on 'Law & Order: CI'
"The former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart."--Isaiah 65:17

#31462 - 08/17/05 10:22 PM Re: Quote of the week.
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Laughter is the only defence against the Universe.

- Mel Brooks

- Mel Brooks

#31463 - 08/23/05 10:09 PM Re: Quote of the week.
crisispoint Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Massachusetts
This, from Andrei, enlightened me:

Quote:
I think of the word healing, and in some ways, it make sense, and in others, it seem silly to me. Like to survive the past, it is like to have the cold, and then you take the medicine and you do not sneeze or cough no more, so you are healed. I do not know that this thing we all do, this process that we do, that there is definite 'end' to it. Maybe it is more like the alcoholics or such, that they say they are always in recovering, never 'recovered'. Maybe that is us, recovering survivors. However it is, I am happy how it is right now for me. I hope it can be as this for everone some time.
Words to learn from and live by.

Peace and love,

Scot

fromacuriousmind.blogspot.com
malehurtandsurvive.blogspot.com

#31464 - 08/30/05 07:30 AM Re: Quote of the week.
Leosha Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right here
From Andrei's 'Avoiding homework' post:

Quote:
The feeling I get from learning from things, and working at the positive of things, it is a feeling that is worth the more work. So am I.
So are we all.

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

#31465 - 08/31/05 05:42 PM Re: Quote of the week.
Mystic Rhythm Offline

Loc: Limbo, clawing my way out...
"A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio." - Goo Goo Dolls, Name

This line in the song has summed up my life ever since I first heard it, and has always remained my favorite song. I've always been a tired song living here on this tired world of a radio.

Then I found this site. And now it's bringing me new meaning:

The tired song is the violation I suffered that keeps replaying in my tired radio (brain).

Now to find the STOP button and let the song rest in peace. My radio sure could use the peace.

MR

#31466 - 09/01/05 05:25 PM Re: Quote of the week.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Kaceechase,

I like your style, welcome to the 'fuck up club' - I've been a member for many years.

Quote:
So The whole Point to this is This. I Let Go Of Having to do it all Perfect. I am Going to Fuck Up. Thats the way we Learn what Not to Do again, Hopefully.
We do learn from our fuck up's, usually faster :rolleyes:

Dave

Page 11 of 19 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.