Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
5 registered (learning2remember, crabbott, Shyshark, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63401 Topics
443272 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 14 of 19 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 >
Topic Options
#31489 - 04/23/06 11:50 AM Re: Quote of the week.
Zipser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Connecticut
Here's one from the members side that is very inspirational to me:

"And every time a new person signs into this site, that's one more boy that they didn't get...one more boy who is still fighting...one more boy who, no matter how long and how hard the fight,is still determined to win."

Since it's on the members side confidentiality must be respected but this guy really knows how to write.

Regards to all,

Zipser

#31490 - 04/23/06 11:53 AM Re: Quote of the week.
Zipser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Connecticut
Same gentleman as above:

"Once in a while in the midst of the sadness and the loneliness and the pain and the anguish, I just get pissed."

Zipser

#31491 - 07/03/06 09:44 PM Re: Quote of the week.
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Hey I bumped this up, because it has been in hiding for far too long.

Adam aka Shadowkid, wrote an inspiring post in off topic.

Quote:
big adam had planned on being home by 5 oclock,little shadow said we are staying till the place closes and for the first time he got his way .
It really is inspiring to read his stuff,

ste

#31492 - 09/17/06 07:15 AM Re: Quote of the week.
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
Forget it, ignore button in chat. We need one in life!
Andrei when talking about toxic people and our attitude toward them.

Thanks Andrei.

John

#31493 - 09/17/06 07:24 AM Re: Quote of the week.
lipsticklullabies Offline

Loc: washington state
this is a greaaat idea, i like it a lot,
when i read the subject/topic i instantly knew what to post,
buut its not something that someone on here has said...
its a LITTLE long, not novel length but a couple sentences or so, but so worth it
i know its not something that someonees said, so srry, im breaking the rules, but i think its an amazing thing and i want people to know it,

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes -Charles Swindoll

burn burn for us, for them, for you
-the lost prophets-

#31494 - 09/17/06 07:40 PM Re: Quote of the week.
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Josh,

That is an awesome quote. So absolutely true. Glad you shared it. Keep that in mind as you live your life and you'll make it, Bro. You'll be unstoppable even tho you've had all this shit of abuse in your life.

Lots of love,

John

#31496 - 09/20/06 08:06 AM Re: Quote of the week.
lacansletter Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St.Petersburg, FL
This is not from another Survivor's post but it is something that I have kept in mind for a while, "Your persistence is your belief in your self." Brian Tracy-motivational speaker

#31497 - 09/21/06 12:57 PM Re: Quote of the week.
Jerry8-14-04 Offline

Loc: Ohio
This two arent from here but they sure fit for me. They are from my wife who used to post on here alot under the name 'beautiful disaster' until she got wore out on trying to help me. For her to last as long as she was a testament to her strength and true devotion. I love and miss you baby girl.

"If you do the same thing in the same way everytime you get the same results."

"Situation + Reaction = Outcome....So get off your ass and do something about it!"

#31498 - 10/10/06 08:13 PM Re: Quote of the week.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Quote:
I'm getting to know all the parts of me now. That will be a lifelong process. I'm not afraid of it anymore. It is scary, but I don't live in fear. From time to time I do live in stupid, but even that I hope to conquer. [Big Grin] I'm finding a way to tell myself the story of my life so that it's a good story of a good person.

I guess life is pretty good, and hope is even better.
A quote from another 'old timer' Outis.

Joe, you speak the truth!

Dave

#31499 - 10/11/06 12:07 AM Re: Quote of the week.
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

i dont know if you call this a quote..i read a book..one page each day...its from a book of daily meditations for men...helps me focus the start of the day.... every one is real good....i would like to share todays page...the last of the humsn freedoms is to choose ones attitudes----victor frankl.....when we stand and look at a mountain...it looks awesome..majestic.and perhaps imtimidating..to climb the mountain we will need to select a route..which approach will give us success?which will provide a beautiful view? which is safest? what are the rewards and trade offs among the paths available? in our lives..we usually cannot choose the mountain that face us...but we can choose the best paths to approach them...one path may be a very negative attitude it may feel safe like s narrow ptotected passageway....it is precdicatable..but it keeps us cut off from others.....another path may be filled with too many selfindulgent pleasures and never progress in any direction..another path may be hard and include some risks...but it allows us to be in contact with other and to appricate the beauty along the way....when wemake positive choices about our attitudes..although the mountain is challenging...we are liberated to become the kind of men were ment to be........today i will choose friendly attitudes toward myself that will helpme on my journey gee i really need to heed that thanks steve

Page 14 of 19 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.