Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447888 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#314369 - 12/13/09 11:35 PM Re: Marijuana [Re: ericc]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I LOVE IT..

I dont get addicted to it. I can go along time without it. My ex's never knew. I have smoked it on and off for about 35 years. I must say I am ashamed for some reason. HMMMM

Donnie.

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#314378 - 12/14/09 12:06 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: DJsport]
jls Offline

I can't emphasize enough that whether pot use or not depends on the person. Like you DJ I can take it or leave it. Truth is that if someone offered me cocaine it would probably be the same for me. I've done coke in the past, in powder form, and while I enjoyed the experience I can say that I doubt I'd become addicted to it as that kind of high doesn't resonate with my personality. Opiates, on the other hand, I better watch out. Having experienced Demoral a few times while hospitalized opiates are something I could fall in love with without looking back. JS

#314395 - 12/14/09 01:43 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: jls]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Here's some good videos.
http://www.notevenonce.com/View_Ads/tv/popupTV9.php

http://www.notevenonce.com/View_Ads/tv/popupTV12.php

http://www.notevenonce.com/View_Ads/tv/popupTV2.php

http://www.notevenonce.com/View_Ads/tv/popupTV8.php

http://www.notevenonce.com/View_Ads/tv/popupTV3.php

http://www.notevenonce.com/View_Ads/tv/popupTV7.php

When I watch these they nearly bring me to tears. This is the route my sister went. First it was smokes. Then beer, then hard booze, then pot, then....

Now she has I don't know how many diseases.

Edited by LilacLouie (12/14/09 01:43 AM)

#314458 - 12/14/09 05:17 PM Re: Marijuana [Re: LilacLouie]
AndyS87 Offline

Loc: sorry, but I don't say on the ...
Yeah, personally speaking I've seen lots of kids who do nothing but smoke, and it seems the younger on they start using (with frequency) the more harm it does. I actually wrote a paper on it once. In kids who weren't developed yet (usually under 18)it had the ability to atrophy certain parts of the brain. While I achieved great grades for a year and a half while I was smoking, that was relatively light use. By my spring semester of freshman year of college I was using heavily cause I had nothing else to do and my grades dropped a bit, and once they dropped I was off it. It doesn't really work out with the martial arts thing for me either, although I did spend a lot of time honing technique when I was baked. The couple of times I got into scraps when I was high (never where I practiced mind you, that would be extremely disrespectful) I noticed that I was a lot more fluid because I was so much more relaxed. But all things come to an end, and I kinda just grew out of it.

#314524 - 12/14/09 11:51 PM Re: Marijuana [Re: AndyS87]
LilacLouie Offline

AFAIC people that use pot (or any drug, really) are trying to run from reality. You simply can't do it. You may run out of weed once in a while, but reality will always be here.

I have yet to come to terms with my traumas, but I know what they are and I won't let "them" win by resorting to drugs.

The idea that pot is natural is no different that cocaine. It's natural, too. Pot is processed after cultivation. Cocaine comes from coca leaves. And....it's processed. To make....cocaine.

I watched what drugs did to my sister. Go watch those videos. AFAIC pot is no different.

#314709 - 12/16/09 01:05 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: LilacLouie]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
I think if someone gets addicted to drugs (or maybe anything), there's more issues in the background that need addressing, and add to the probability of becoming an addict. In that situation, you can't just blame the marijuana.

The same can be said about any vise -- or pre>

Edited by AndyJB2005 (12/16/09 01:07 AM)
Edit Reason: Typo correction

#314716 - 12/16/09 02:12 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: AndyJB2005]
myboyhoodfears Offline

i totally agree andy,...i know many articulate and intelligent sucessful individuals who smoke pot either on occasion or regularly...however some people do become addicted to a very wide range of things, if its not pot its going to be something else, perhaps gambling, or shopping or food, or sex or any other number of things that we are not inclined to ban simply because there are people out there cant control themselves...maybe they should ban everything, that'll solve the problem eh?

Edited by myboyhoodfears (12/16/09 02:13 AM)

#314726 - 12/16/09 06:27 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: myboyhoodfears]
LilacLouie Offline

Good idea!

Not!

If you want to smoke pot, go smoke pot. I don't care. I never said that smoking pot ALWAYS leads people to other drugs. I only told what I have seen. And if you want to snort some coke, be my guest! Hell, you can snort a line from Denver to LA for all I care! Your life, your choice.

#450569 - 10/18/13 02:50 PM Re: Marijuana [Re: theatrekid]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i started smoking MJ in 1974.
i was 13.
i can't quit.
i tried, several times.
when i stop, i can't control my temper.
i have managed to abstain for periods of a month or two, but not often.

as a juvenile delinquent street kid, i tried everything that was available at the time in my neighbourhood.
did not like alcohol so i did not drink.
loved lsd and mushrooms, but they were rare occasions.
tried various powders about a dozen times, and did not like it.
thank god there was no crystal meth or such.
basically i became a "stoner".

from 1979 to 1988 i was railroading and did NOT smoke before or during the job.
then a few joints after work and before bed.

as a professional musician between 1988 and 2005,
on performance days, i would purposely not smoke pot all day.
i would fuel up on coffee.
caffeine is my cocaine.
by that evening, i would hit the stage in peak agitation.
i was able to act out on stage as an angry punk rock frontman, and i got away with murder.
as soon as i finished the last song, i would smoke a joint.
i don't drink, so i would usually smoke several social joints over the next few hours.
that was my routine since about 1988.

ironically, my usage would drop drastically during tours.
in between gigs, it was more or less chronic, which meant a few joints per day, with a few days off here and there.

i stopped performing about 7 years ago.
without that emotion/energy channeling ritual, i have had some serious issues with inappropriate "performances".
self medication seems no longer sufficient to keep the lid on my old persona.
at long last i am truly dealing with my soul damage instead of packaging and exploiting it as a performance artist.

these past few years, as a event technician with constant safety concerns, i am back to my railroad routine. no smoking before or during work hours, coffee up. then calm down with a "cigarette" or three when i get home. never carry, never transport. no more social smoking. just me and my habit.

i heartily disagree with anyone who claims that marijuana is not addictive or harmful.
i believe it has hindered my healing.

it does the job. whenever i smoke, i forget.
i avoid. i evade. i escape.

you be the judge if these are good things.

am i still smoking?
yes.
is it working?
yes.

working on a spiritual substitute.
is it working?
yes.

War
Love
Poetry

#450583 - 10/18/13 07:16 PM Re: Marijuana [Re: victor-victim]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi VV. Man, that is quite a testament. I agree that Mary J can be addictive and can be harmful but I still say alcohol is worse on both accounts over-all. (At least for most people.) Personally, I am way more addicted to alcohol. When I first started smoking weed at 17, I went crazy with it and was highly mentally addicted to it until I was about 21. Then, the more of an alcoholic I became, the less I cared about pot. I still smoke pot sometimes but normally only on the weekend and only when I've had a lot to drink. For some reason, if I don't get drunk first, pot can actually have the opposite effect on me that it has on most people and kind of makes me think too much. Because of this, if I get stoned without drinking first, I normally tend to freak out a little in my head. That said, I probably will be smoking tonight, once I'm good and sauced.

As an aside, I had a dream the other night that they legalized weed in Georgia and I was SO HAPPY! Sadly, that will probably never happen here. We'll probably be the last state to do something as sensible as legalize marijuana. If we ever do, there is going to be one big-ass party at my place! cool LOL! Peace,

Ken

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.