Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, HD001, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63239 Topics
442215 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#314313 - 12/13/09 05:47 PM Am I being unreasonable?
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Ok, I take Wellbutrin XL for depression and a few other things. In an effort to reduce cost I switch to the generic. Past month of so I'm fine no problems then this past month they changed me over to a new brand of generic (apparently there are several manufacturers), ok so I take the pills and now I'm having gas pains (now this did happen with my previous brand of generic Wellbutrin but it stopped after 4-5 days). I've been on it for about 30 days I'm almost out of pills. Ok, so I go to the pharmacy today (actually about 2 hours ago) and I tell them I was put on this new brand of generic wellbrutrin and I need to switch back. I had wrote down the wrong manufacturer cuz I wasn't paying attention when I looked up the info. I don't know if she saw the paper or whether I said "Teva". In any event she looks up my history in the computer and says "You need the Teva brand?", being thats what I thought before I said yes. She tells me she'll have to special order it, it will be in on Tuesday. For whatever reason, I decide to look up my pre>

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#314315 - 12/13/09 05:55 PM Re: Am I being unreasonable? [Re: onlyakid]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jason,

Whether it is your fault or NOT, Pharmacies will order - within limits of the doctors orders of course - what you are ok with taking.

It is your right as a patient to get the care you need.

I work in a medical clinic. I bend over backwards if I need to in order to provide the patient with the care they need. So, she can do the same for you.

As a fellow survivor, I know the impulse to "do whatever" they say.

Your worthy in getting what works for you.

Donnie

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#314320 - 12/13/09 06:41 PM Re: Am I being unreasonable? [Re: onlyakid]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Given that pharmacies are so wired these days, I find it amazing that she would even offer you a brand that you had never tried. She should have been able to look up in an instant what product you used, and who made it. While you may have made a mistake in the name, its her job to know what she has previously dispensed. You do not need to take on the consequences of her error Jason. She, the professional made the mistake. She can accept the consequences. You as the patient are within your rights to decline her services in the future. Given what you have said here today, that might not be a bad idea!

Jim

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.