Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (TOM2, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63169 Topics
441726 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#313000 - 12/04/09 08:57 PM Zander has been deployed
zanders_wife Offline

I just wanted to let you all know that Zander got the call and left earlier this week. He'll be gone for a minimum of 4 months. He will be able to check his mail and this site periodically so feel free to drop him a line!

We did get a few days notice and Zander told the kids that he called in a favor with his friend Scott in Air Force and flew Santa down in an F-22 while they were in school on Tuesday and we had our own little Christmas together. The boys of course rolled their eyes but Catie now thinks her daddy is the coolest in the world, LOL.

As a few of you know Zander is extremely close to his 2 dads. One of them is a Lieutenant in his unit and has been deployed with him. Luckily, he will be coming home in about 2 months because he is retiring. The other is a civilian and due to certain circumstances, Zander and his other dad weren't able to see him before they had to leave. I know this is something that has been really hard on the entire family. He didn't get to see his husband and son before they were deployed. And Zander really relies on his support.

We had a big Christmas vacation that had to get canceled, so Zander was gracious and is sending me and the kids to my favorite place for the holidays. When we first got married we were stationed in Japan and I miss our dear friends there. The kids and I get to go there for some time while Zander is away! We are so blessed!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what is going on with our family. If you wouldn't mind please keep the following things in your thoughts and prayers:

1. As Zander was in the middle of therapy please pray that this deployment does not set him back.

2. Also please pray for our family to remain strong during this time.

3. A few of you heard that I am pregnant with twins, luckily he will be home in time to see them born but it will still be hard without him. The twin tornadoes are wearing me down!

4. Pray for his dads. I know that being apart is really difficult on them and also having their son deployed is extra stress.

Thank you all so much for being such a strong support system for our family!

#313007 - 12/04/09 11:13 PM Re: Zander has been deployed [Re: zanders_wife]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Zanders_wife

I will definitely pray for all you asked for.

Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Zander and you are a joy and we appreciate you both.

Peace,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#313126 - 12/05/09 10:33 PM Re: Zander has been deployed [Re: DJsport]
Emmett Offline

Zanders_Wife

As a military man myself, I understand the hardship. Please know that you are all in our prayers and that the sacrifice of spouses and families is just as important as the soldiers out here!

God Bless,
Emmett

#313195 - 12/06/09 02:29 PM Re: Zander has been deployed [Re: Emmett]
zanders_wife Offline

Thanks so much for the support smile We really appreciate all of you!

Bren and Zander

#313210 - 12/06/09 04:55 PM Re: Zander has been deployed [Re: zanders_wife]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
Zanders Wife,

hello, it good to meet you here at MS. You are a great support for your husband. I'm glad you as a family got to spend an early Christmas together ahead of Zander's deployment, and that Santa was able to make it down from the North Pole to bring presents for the kids. Zander will be in my thoughts this holiday season, and I'm wishing the best for his continued recovery. I hope you and your children enjoy your time in Japan. You all, as a family, sacrifice so much for our country. I thank you for that.

Take care and have a happy holiday season,

Rocco

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#313303 - 12/07/09 02:53 AM Re: Zander has been deployed [Re: Casmir213]
kb4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saskatchewan,Canada
bren,

congrats on all fronts..You as a family have done so much...you guys are never far from my thoughts...and we know the holiday together is just postponed..I don't know of another family that holds their love with such conviction It is so special....Have fun in the surf..

Kris

#313761 - 12/09/09 08:02 PM Re: Zander has been deployed [Re: kb4]
dangal Offline
New Here

Loc: seattle area
I will pray for you and your family. I am a mom of twins. Let me know if you ever need any advice or a shoulder, that first year is a hard one. Good luck.
Jen

#313866 - 12/10/09 11:34 AM Re: Zander has been deployed [Re: dangal]
Castle Offline

Loc: NJ
Bren and Zander et al,

It was my great pleasure and honor to talk to Zander recently in chat.

Couldn't get him to stop siring me, eventhough I tried.

I wish nothing but the best for him and you and honestly he is the first person I know (not really IRL but in chat and the board) directly involved in these conflicts . Now, as I think about our men and women fighting, I will think of one of my faternal brothers out there in harms way for our freedom.

Please let me know via message if you or he are in need of a care package. It would be my great honor.

All the best to your family and healthy arrival to the twins.

Safe return Zandar, if you get a chance to read this.

Best regards,
Castle

Edited by Castle (12/10/09 11:34 AM)

My posts can self destruct at any time..read them while you can.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.