Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
4 registered (atari_kid86, 3 invisible), 76 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62528 Topics
438168 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#299425 - 08/15/09 07:03 PM Sex addiction group in or around Seattle for MEN
dangal Offline
New Here

Loc: seattle area
Hubby went to therapy yesterday and therapist told him to seek a sex addiction group, said go online and find something. What a task. He's overwhelmed, tired and I FEEL SHE DUMPED HIM without a life jacket in an ocean of sharks to be honest.

I was searching and got pulled into crap online that I didn't want to see so how is that suppose to be good for him? I'm having a real hard time finding something to be honest and Men only is another story. Help, help, help y'all. Thanks!

#299441 - 08/15/09 09:18 PM Re: Sex addiction group in or around Seattle for MEN [Re: dangal]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Dangal,

Unfortunately, I don't have any answers...

...Only a question...

Did Your hubby hire the therapist or did the therapists hire your hubby?

(I know where I would be looking for answers).

island

#299443 - 08/15/09 09:29 PM Re: Sex addiction group in or around Seattle for MEN [Re: 1islandboy]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...

My Story

#299464 - 08/16/09 12:15 AM Re: Sex addiction group in or around Seattle for MEN [Re: Jim1961]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

Here are some links sister Jen

I will share that I am a grateful recovering member of SA, and Jim's link to sanorthwest is one of the best going.

There are a few Sex Addiction 12-step groups and they have different temperaments :-)

http://www.sa.org

http://saa-recovery.org/

as the partner of someone who has been directed to an "S" fellowship take a look at s-anon, you may find something for your self there.

http://www.sanon.org

another is cosa

http://www.cosa-recovery.org/

With love and hope in my heart.

take what works for you and leave the rest... (lean into the pain/discomfort IMHO)

Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#299465 - 08/16/09 12:31 AM Re: Sex addiction group in or around Seattle for MEN [Re: wes-b]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
There's also SLAA (sex and LOVE addicts anonymous). I guess the love part is like people addicted to relationships but not necessarily sex.

http://www.slaafws.org/

#300161 - 08/22/09 12:53 AM Re: Sex addiction group in or around Seattle for MEN [Re: AndyJB2005]
dangal Offline
New Here

Loc: seattle area
I've been camping so sorry for the late reply's. Thanks so much for the help! I'm going to weed through all of this tonight and touch base with you all tomorrow! smile

#301660 - 09/04/09 04:47 PM Re: Sex addiction group in or around Seattle for MEN [Re: dangal]
alan55 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
dangal....if you are connected with a place of faith, there may be resources there for you to look at. The ones listed above are great. Sometimes if they don't know, they may be able to refer you to someone who can. I know here in Seattle there is a group called Exodus International. Its for men struggling with homosexuality, but they may be able to shed some light on your path...hope this helps.

#313384 - 12/07/09 03:53 PM Re: Sex addiction group in or around Seattle for MEN [Re: dangal]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Jen, There are several 12 Step programs for sex addiction in the Seattle area. Call the Alcoholics Anonymous number for Seattle. I know they have a meeting at their hall.

Good luck to you and continue to be strong for each other.

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.