Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
5 registered (lukehorace, Anura, 3 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63773 Topics
445349 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#312723 - 12/02/09 09:11 PM Fear/Risk Taking Counsel on the slopes in Utah....
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I'm considering taking up an offer from Jim Struve, ala the WoR workshops. He'll do some on slope counseling with a group of us skiers/snowboarders at Alta/Snowbird. Applying everyday survivor risk management on the slopes and the likes. We would cover his hourly fee and his discounted lift ticket in return.

I was thinking of a long 3-4 day weekend sometime in January....or in the beginning of March.

Anybody interested? Please give me a call or touch base with me here....

Chris

Edited by walkingsouth (12/02/09 09:16 PM)
Edit Reason: Please Private Message Chris for further details
Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#312824 - 12/03/09 03:39 PM Re: Fear/Risk Taking Counsel on the slopes in Utah.... [Re: G5]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am interested. What days?

Are you looking for just those that attended the WoR workshops?

I am have done alot with therapy and recovery. I have NOT been able to attend a workshop.

What are the details as far as location of slopes including lodging?

Thanks,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#312968 - 12/04/09 05:02 PM Re: Fear/Risk Taking Counsel on the slopes in Utah.... [Re: DJsport]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

DJ,

I'm looking to do a long weekend towards the end of January....I would hope to stay at Snowbird. I snowboard, so I wouldn't be able to ride at Alta seeing as they don't allow it there. The lodge at Snowbird is right at the base. 45 min from salt lake and a number of shuttles go there everyday. I will check with Jim as to the fact that you haven't been able to attend a WoR. Not sure what he requires as far as this goes. I'm waiting to hear from my brother about whether he can attend as well. He is not a survivor, but is accustomed/familiar with my/our work and circumstances.

Chris

Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#313248 - 12/06/09 09:35 PM Re: Fear/Risk Taking Counsel on the slopes in Utah.... [Re: G5]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

DJ.....I don't think attending/not attending a workshop matters, but I'm just waiting to hear back from Jim.

C

Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.