Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (Dave PNW, The Seeker, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443138 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#309574 - 11/06/09 11:23 PM Re: Masturbation and this thread [Re: Mike1968]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
When I was first saved, I gave up drinking, drugs and smoking cold turkey. I could not consistently shed my compulsive M problem. This concerned me greatly and at a HS youth group, I cried out in my heart to God over this while we were praying in a circle holding hands. I received a vision of the color white. Sounds dumb but you have never seen the true color white and I have not since. It was stunning and would shine in the absence of light. I had an apparent reaction where the leader asked me what I had seen. I told him the color white and I didn't understand why. He asked what was on my heart when I prayed and I told him I couldn't get rid of all sin. The leader then explained to me what God was showing me: His True Holiness. He said that nobody could ever achieve His Standard, therefore Jesus was sacrificed for our imperfection.

Masturbation is truly never directly addressed in the Bible. I think that is because it is truly not an issue unless it drags you into sin.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#310728 - 11/17/09 01:49 PM Re: Masturbation and this thread [Re: catfish86]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

For me, M is a private intimate expression. It is like eating as a it has a physical aspect and mental benefit.

When combined with spirituality AND religion (man's definition of the Bible) - M becomes a shameful expression.

I feel at one with myself (my spirituality) when I am with my body.

This issue (M) is a lot more simple and liveable with ease when I don't put sin with it. In my opinion M is intimate and is life giving to the person. Alot of messages are learned about M and are shameful messages.

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#310759 - 11/17/09 08:51 PM Re: Masturbation and this thread [Re: DJsport]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I think M is like alcohol...having a beer or a glass of wine is not a sin. Getting drunk and banging your neighbor's wife...By the same token, if M leads you into deviant behavior it is a problem. My teacher noticed that my daughter, too young to know what she was doing, would touch herself in class. The teacher redirected her without calling attention to her. We discussed with our daughter that is was OK, it was her body, but that is something she should do in private. I really don't see anyone going to hell over this.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#310761 - 11/17/09 09:12 PM Re: Masturbation and this thread [Re: catfish86]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
don't see anyone going to hell over this

hell? i've been there ...... and back. the big god meanie is the least of my worries. it's the whacky humans who don his mask that cause me the most fright.

:shudder:

#312826 - 12/03/09 03:54 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: Paul1959]
Enrigue Offline
MaleSurvivor

I threw my bible in the trash years ago along with a bunch of other works of fiction. These so-called gods in that piece of baloney never helped me one bit to get out of my dungeon from the rape, and I tried for decades to appeal and pray to something made up by disturbed people who wanted to and continue to impose their demented phobias on everybody else. It wasn't until I found this wonderful therapist and MS that I finally feel I am on the road to recovery. My advice is to get away from any literature that has incest, child sacrifices, murder, and rape, such as the bible. How many of us were raped by bible thumping, churchgoing, god fearing hypocrites?

#313046 - 12/05/09 11:18 AM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: Enrigue]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

While it is true that many survivors have been abused by clergy, and hurt in situations involving people who simply wore the name of spiritualtity, it's good to ask that we keep this thread on the topic of "Masturbation and Spirituality." Both subjects are important, let's not intermix them in this thread.

Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

#315307 - 12/20/09 02:07 AM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: ModTeam]
Charlie24 Offline

I want to add my two cents to this topic.

I believe masturbation can be a healthy way to explore one's sexuality.

It may be a sin, I really don't know or care.

I guess I would rather sin than get an STD.

With the rampant increases in STDs in all age groups I don't wanna become another statistic.

Masturbation allows for me to safely explore my sexuality and try things for me.

It's a private activity I believe is healthy and good.

I agree with others, like anything it can get out of control.

I remember feeling so much shame and guilt when kids high school used to say that I masturbated and I just would turn beet red.

Part of my getting over shit was realizing I was fantasizing about my abuse and my abuser, this need to please my abuser, to please people to get them to like to me, to feel like I had to prove myself to them.

Well now I can say I do what I want and I choose to masturbate.

I realize this in a way is a safety net for myself.

I don't feel either mature or ready for an intimate relationship with another consenting adult.

Great topic and dicussion, thanks for letting me share.

#315434 - 12/20/09 07:50 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: Charlie24]
Dude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Fort Smith, AR
I agree with most. I don't believe M is a sin, but it can lead to sinful activities. I am married with kids and still practice M and for me it's helped a lot. I do have to say if it wasn't for God in my life, I'd probally be dead. Messed with both sides and I God one. I have blamed God, yelled at him and told him what he could do with my CSA; however, now I understand why things happen. -Donnie

Added: If anyone want's to PM me with any wuestions, feel free. Thank's, -Donnie

Edited by Dude (12/20/09 08:24 PM)

#316851 - 12/29/09 08:49 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: Dude]
h.beat,h.break Offline

Loc: New York
LOL. Oh boy... it won't matter what anyone says about masturbation being a sin. I just think it's funny when ppl argue w/ one another about here the way we argue about abortions, giving condoms to teenagers or gay marriage.

But, for those of you who fully practice the "God fearing faith" (prayer, meeting of the body, midweek services, retreats, sharing the gospel w/ ppl and everything else Jesus taught his disciples) and are having trouble w/ M, there are numerous SA (Sexaholics Anon.) Groups that can be found via the internet.

#316857 - 12/29/09 09:01 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: h.beat,h.break]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
This is interesting this topic came up. A coworker was talkin about this the other day. He meantioned that the Bible doesn't say MBing is a sin. I would have to agree that it is form of free speach for one's self. Done in moderation by yourself shouldn't really be a sin. Atleast I don't view it that way. Just my two cents. Andy.

Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.