Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
5 registered (Austintexan, Jay1946, Obi, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63126 Topics
441433 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#315506 - 12/21/09 11:27 AM Re: how can religion be so good? [Re: sono]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
I'm not religious but I have of course read and heard the relevant biblical passages. If the answer is simply "because the bible tells me so" then I guess therein lies my lack of comprehension or divergence of thought from those who agree with that point of view.

actually that all depends on whose interpretation you're reading.

mel white former ghost writer for jerry fallwell and founder of soulforce

ron

#315763 - 12/22/09 03:20 PM Re: how can religion be so good? [Re: Sans Logos]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

Quite a few of my fraternal brothers have pretty much have helped me in my confusion in my spirituality. But i think that the best one, atleast for me at this particular time is from Walking South.

The difference between religion & spirituality. If i may steal, ok, ok, borrow his words.
Spirituality is for those whom have been there (hell). And my brothers pretty well sums it up for us. We have spent our time in hell.

In the spirit of a little boy, born 2000+ years ago.

Heal well my brothers, heal well.

Little Pete & big Pete..but 1 (Irishmoose).

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#315852 - 12/23/09 01:15 AM Re: how can religion be so good? [Re: LilacLouie]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: LilacLouie
we don't care if you castrate yourself with a pencil sharpener.

Please provide more instructions. This isn't clear. laugh

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#316235 - 12/25/09 11:23 AM Re: how can religion be so good? [Re: sono]
mrd Offline

Hello

Sono, my brother, for me religion is a tool of the devil. I mean man uses religion as a way to deceive himself into thinking he is god devoid of God. My view of God comes from the Bible. Now, the book can be misinterpreted to mean what any individual wants it to for their own benefit. I believe God created everything for his glory. The bible says we are all Gods, however to be a God we must submit to the God that created it all. All He asks us is to Love Him and all His creation. We are all flawed in some way and God still loves us. Hence he sent Jesus , His son, to reconnect us to Him through faith in Him. By His grace He opened my mind to understand that no matter what a person does he has the ability to be reconnected to God, yes even my abusers. I know firsthand what being disconnected from God enables one to do, plus just look at our world today. A good look, through the appearance of happiness, shows the pain and turmoil of not putting God first. Religion is another attempt to isolate some as righteous and only Jesus can do that. We are all equal, born with nothing die with nothing except the ability to chose. Loving God's creation has the greatest impact on humanity and will not decay!! If religion helps all of us to be ready for Jesus return then it is good. If it just isolates some, they are deceived. We all bleed red blood, which man religious or not can't make. No matter the color, orientation, belief we are all family by blood. We are only as strong as the weakest person. Degrading anyone degrades self, building others builds self. This is my belief, believe it or not I love you any way ( more so if you don't ), in the hope that God's love living in me leads all to Him.

Peace and Love
mrd

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.