Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (pufferfish, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63233 Topics
442179 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#322206 - 02/15/10 04:37 PM Re: Spirituality and Recovery [Re: MADcHATTER]
LowSky Offline

Loc: Glen Burnie,MD
As I read the posts I was looking for just one word: FAITH. Sadly I did not see it, if I missed it please show me where the faith aspect is in the comments. In the Word it says in:Rom 1:17"For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith.""

Romans 3:27-29 (New International Version)
27Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. 28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. 29Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too,"

I am not a man that is "religious" I am a man of faith and faith alone. What else can I stand on if not my Faith?

Dan

#322786 - 02/20/10 09:12 PM Re: Spirituality and Recovery [Re: LowSky]
MADcHATTER Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Finding Faith in the face of what we have survived is an awful lot to ask. As children our faith was destroyed primarily by those we were supposed to have faith in. Our family, friends or loved ones. For allowing it to happen many of us, myself included, realized that we'd also been let down by the very God who we were supposed to have faith in as well. If you can find your faith in that tome and it helps you. Then by all means use it for yourself!

Please dont go into the devil aspect or whatever. We were taught that our faith in God would protect us. That God would watch over us. Then when we get betrayed by the very people telling us this it puts the whole concept of a loving and protecting God into serious question. At least it does in my reality.

I have found healing, understanding and compassion in every real sense amoung fellow survivors. I have discovered and embraced a fellowship with them that pales any I ever would find with some mythical being who promises everything, but delivers nothing.

This is my opinion alone, do not take it as a condemnation of your belief system. If it helps you use it! I personally cannot find healing there. I wish you all the luck in the world my brother.

#322833 - 02/21/10 08:04 AM Re: Spirituality and Recovery [Re: MADcHATTER]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
What is spirituality to me?

Realizing that it (my life) is not all about me. That there is a purpose for my existence beyond myself. That a greater (mysterious) power really exists and has communicated His will, and I have Free Will to listen to it or not.

And at times I have felt His great Love for me. At other times I have screamed out in anger towards Him, only to realize that the people who hurt me were doing so because of their free will.

Peace,
Jim

My Story

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.