Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, highflight, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63397 Topics
443261 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#312566 - 12/01/09 07:06 PM slept for 2 days straight again
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
Ive been slacking on the exercise eating alot slacking in general I really cannot get my shit together as a person I dont know why I keep making excuses its like I keep shooting myself in the foot to prove that I am a failure because I am so used to failing I dont know anything else. Anyway, I am becoming more and more isolated from people who can move on, and do productive things in their lives.

Its like in high school youve got the jocks the a students and the guys who get bad grades and do drugs, I am becoming a guy who gets bad grades and does drugs thus destroying my future. Im on some new meds now so, idk. Looking for a job, college is not doing so hot idk.

#312667 - 12/02/09 12:54 PM Re: slept for 2 days straight again [Re: sportinrucks]
Brett Jay Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Sleep is good. Don't deny the mind-body what it wants to cope. Patience. Failure passes. You will eventually do something you feel is productive.

Relax and realize what you like to do best, what you have a passion for and whether or not that has to do with a job or school, focus on it.

You may have to work and have to go to school even if these are not your passions though I think within them somehow you can find that which you can be passionate about. Even without that you can have a passionate hobby.

I can't tell you how these things have changed my life. I still have problems but life seems enough more manageable to suffice for now.

Hang in there. We're all behind you.

#312670 - 12/02/09 01:57 PM Re: slept for 2 days straight again [Re: Brett Jay]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Sport.

Your doing what you need to do. I agree with Brett - sleep in good.

Doing the recovery work is hard and our minds are so intricate it needs time to adjust and during sleep is it time to reset.

Your examining your life as it is good.

Recognize your feelings, accept them and you will grow.

With taking meds, your body and mind will need to adjust.

It is taking care of yourself. It sounds like your being hard on yourself.

Your doing well,
DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#312708 - 12/02/09 07:38 PM Re: slept for 2 days straight again [Re: DJsport]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Sports..............

Is anyone in your personal life in your corner? Have you disclosed to anyone? Does anyone that personally knows you have a clue about what's going on in your world?

When we're trying to deal with this shit and recover, so to speak, it REALLY helps if someone that personally knows us is rooting for us, and backing us up, and encouraging us. Do you have anyone like this?

#312725 - 12/02/09 09:17 PM Re: slept for 2 days straight again [Re: Hauser]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Talk and reach out as best you can. My experience is that isolation is harmful over the long run. Sleep is good to help recover from a difficult passage and to help with adjustments, but hiding out for two days or so can really put you in the dumps and make it more difficult to reach out. You'll really start to listen to the 'bad' voices in your head if you don't reach out.

Especially when you don't get much sunlight as with this time of year. Try not to sleep during the day if at all possible.....I really had a bad time pulling myself up when all I saw was darkness.....

peace...

Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#312757 - 12/03/09 01:58 AM Re: slept for 2 days straight again [Re: G5]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Sleep is healing. Too much sleep habitually is a symptom of depression.

Excess sleep in children (not you) may be a symptom of trauma. After I was abused at age 12 at the camp, I fell asleep in the car on the way home, dropping the hamburger I was eating. I didn't even awaken when we got home. Then I slept through the rest of Saturday and Sunday and awoke Monday morning.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.