Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (Mr. Malaise, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63852 Topics
445852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#31254 - 08/25/05 05:58 PM SCHOLARSHIP FUND MATCHING GRANT
BT Offline

Loc: Chicago IL
I am very excited to announce that we have received a matching grant for the scholorship fund.

All donations up to a total of $2500 will be matched.

This is an amazing gift to MaleSurvivor, The retreat Program, and all Survivors...

I encourage you to consider a donation to this fund of any size. This grant automatically doubles your donation.

Feel free to email me with any questions.
bturpin@malesurvivor.org

And Thanks again for you support.

Brent Turpin

#31255 - 08/25/05 07:11 PM Re: SCHOLARSHIP FUND MATCHING GRANT
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Brent,

Wow that is amazing my friend. This gives everyone a chance to help brothers in need. Let us honor our follow survivors by giving a voice to those that are in pain.

Nathan

#31256 - 08/25/05 08:58 PM Re: SCHOLARSHIP FUND MATCHING GRANT
Sinking Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Took my ball and went home.
From the outset, this sounds wonderful. Can you provide some details?
- Who is matching the contributions?
- How will the monies be dispersed?
- Can contributors specify how their money will be allocated?
- How are beneficiaries chosen?

I'm sure others have more questions, I'll probably have more myself. I'm very interested in how this all works. Thanks for your time and for the good news. - John

#31257 - 08/26/05 01:06 AM Re: SCHOLARSHIP FUND MATCHING GRANT
BT Offline

The Donor for the matching grant has requested to remain anonomous. We will honor that request.

While the scholorship fund is designed to provide scholorships to those in need for "any" healing event sponsored by MaleSurvivor, the only present event is the retreat program.

The Wording is such that if we someday develop other programs we would be able to use this fund without having to change the paramaters, but at present there are no plans for other programs.

So at present funds will be used for scholorships for the retreat program.

There is a little more detail on the actual scholorship page, but there is an application process outlined. We will have a little fine tuning to the process I am sure but I think we have a pretty workable process.

Any more questions...keep them coming....

thanks again for your support..
brent turpin

#31258 - 08/26/05 01:08 AM Re: SCHOLARSHIP FUND MATCHING GRANT
BT Offline

Also, we do from time to time have donors that want their money used in a specific manner. We will certainly make every effort to accomadate such requests.

#31259 - 11/11/05 05:27 AM Re: SCHOLARSHIP FUND MATCHING GRANT
Up2NoGood762 Offline

I know this sounds kind of ignorant... and well... I'm a kind of ignorant person so yippee for me \:\) ... I was just wondering where all of this "scholarship money" was going... If it is for "MaleSurvivor" students applying to college, I would LOVE to apply; I hope to attend Harvard Medical to become a neurologist and specialize in autism (I know it's rather ambitious... but... I guess I'm ignorant AND ambitious haha) Thanks for your time \:\)

#31260 - 11/13/05 06:04 AM Re: SCHOLARSHIP FUND MATCHING GRANT
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Hello,

The Lost Survivors Memorial Scholarship Fund (LSMSF) will be used exclusively to assist members of MaleSurvivor to participate in healing activities sponsored by the MaleSurvivor organization. Special
consideration will be given to survivors demonstrating some financial need.

Nathan

#31261 - 05/10/06 10:14 AM Re: SCHOLARSHIP FUND MATCHING GRANT
Junyah Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ont
Just wondering how long it normally takes for a question to be answered once it has been forwarded to a moderator of this site? In particular questions rtegarding this scholarship funs and its intended use. Thank you..
Paece

#31262 - 05/10/06 10:25 AM Re: SCHOLARSHIP FUND MATCHING GRANT
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Junyah,

The mods are all volunteers with jobs, familes, and so on, so it really depends on who you asked and what going on with that mod at the moment.

If it has been awhile, I wouldn't hesitate to ask again. I don't think any mod would mind.

I hope he will correct me if I am wrong here, but I think the best person to ask would be Nathan. As I remember he's the one who deals with the fund.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#31263 - 05/15/06 07:30 PM Re: SCHOLARSHIP FUND MATCHING GRANT
Junyah Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ont
well I sent an email to Brian almost a month ago now, and an email to the webmaster asking if he could sent my email and questions to the appropriate person(s). I am still waiting to hear back. I had a couple of questions about the scholarship and its intended use. I felt they could be better answered thru email so did not post them here. If anyone reading this does have such knowledge and may be able to answer my questions please let me know where I can email them to as I have recieved no responce so far.
Thanks
Peace

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.