Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (don64, 3 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447976 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#311963 - 11/27/09 01:31 PM K
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State

Edited by Freedom49 (05/21/10 05:31 PM)

#312066 - 11/27/09 11:34 PM Re: Knowing [Re: Freedom49]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Freedom,

A very true post. I have been in the army and played college sports for a small college. I have been in over half of the fifty and several countries, but God has always been there. I have drifted at times but he has never waivered and always been faithful. My father and his family were creeps, many of my mom's side weren't much better. I never had a dad and always wanted one. God gave me something I could never have hoped for, being a dad. He hugged me even though I couldn't even face what made me need a hug. He is a Perfect Father. Yesterday really was a good chance to thank Him. Ironically, all that is there for those that choose to accept it.

And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#312337 - 11/29/09 11:39 PM Re: Knowing [Re: catfish86]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brothers.

Here is that Irishmoose guy again. Yep, still confused about his spirituality.
Still confused even if he belongs in any church at all.

But this goes back to the religion of little Pete's birth..Catholicism.

As a gay guy, i know that i am not really welcome there, as i don't live by their teachings, and i am not ever going to change, for any religion either.

But what this is all about is, i made a post concerning my "mom". Post Partem Sindrome.
And in that post i made the statement that even she treated me thay way due to that syndrome..I would and could not ever forgive her for what she had done to me.

But, I have been going to the Catholic church, and saying the rosary & saying some of the prayers in the Mass.
And in the Our Father, it says "to forgive us our trespassers as we forgive them". Never really paid much attention to those words.
But, I just might have put a huge stumbling block in my way, if I don't forgive her. (she's dead).
Maybe my recovery depends on those "words".

And just maybe it's because of a little boys birth, that we will be celebrating in a few weeks. He was pure & clean & loved.
And during this time, we humans seem to be able to get along with each other,even for this short time. Hell we even have stopped killing each other during the various wars, in HIS honor.
I was there in Vietnam for Christmas of '68 and we stopped for 24 hours.

"Peace on earth", "Good will towards men". And just maybe forgiveness from another little boy of so long ago.

"Forgive us our trespassers" "as we forgive them". Maybe that's the key to my spirituality.
Thanks for hearing me ramble on, still confused as ever.

Heal well my fraternal brothers, heal well.

Little Pete & big Pete..but 1 (Irishmoose).

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#312502 - 12/01/09 05:24 AM Re: Knowing [Re: petercorbett]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Hi Pete,

Self forgiveness to me is the true path to our salvation. We have already been forgive by God for our sins towards Him by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ death on the cross.
So that means that all is missing is self forgiveness. Because in the bible it states that Jesus die for everybody sins. Jew and gentile which is me and you.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#312518 - 12/01/09 08:25 AM Re: Knowing [Re: michael banks]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Pete,

Mike is right. There is noone righteous no not even one. Early on after being saved, I kicked alcohol, drugs and uh, alternative methods of earning money using the property of others but could not shake my sex fantasies and MB. At one point I prayed about it in my mind while in a circle prayer at a youth group. I then got a vision of the color white. Sounds dumb but I should explain you probably have never seen the true color white. It was stunning and everyone noticed my reaction and the group leader asked me what I had seen. I told him and he asked me what I was praying about. I told him that I couldn't be perfect. He replied that God showed you true perfection so that you would understand you can never be that, God sent his Son to cover our sin. You accepted Jesus now you need to accept His Gift of Grace.

Please remember that many cloak themselves in God's clothing but serve only to separate you. Remember also that the devil, when he tempted Jesus in the desert, quoted>
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.