Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
5 registered (don64, woodenshoes, Rich1967, Mike26, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63787 Topics
445441 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#313942 - 12/10/09 10:03 PM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: jls]
jbh8 Offline

Edited by jbh8 (02/20/13 03:52 PM)

#314019 - 12/11/09 02:14 PM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: jbh8]
myboyhoodfears Offline

teachers are hired to teach other peoples children not cruise for sex. if they have a relationship with an 18 year old that is not enrolled at the same school then i don't see that as a problem, depending on the age differential....but if the student is enrolled in the same school....absolutly not, under any circumstances,..because it sends a negative message to other younger students and parents that teachers can get away with hitting on and cruising the school for potential sexual encounters with students....if you want to date a barely legal teen,...then there not much we can do about it,...but the school district has a legitimate right to fire a teacher who does not follow their rules of engagement, that is no teacher who has influence over a student enrolled in the same school either directly or indirectly should be allowed to date and or have sex with that student....just like its unethical for a psychologist to have a sexual relationship with his patient, but with high school teachers we also have to consider that they will be in contact with younger students who will invariably have knowledge of the relationship, and they may also attend classes of the teacher in question, this will no doubt cause unnecessary conflict with the parents of younger students.

#314042 - 12/11/09 05:41 PM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: myboyhoodfears]
jls Offline

Well said. You are 100% correct in your assessment. Let's just say that if I had teenaged children and lived in the state of Georgia I would be pulling them out of school after hearing about this court ruling. In law there is a concept call fidiciuary duty, which means that professionals like lawyers, doctors and yes, teachers, have an obligation to put the interests their clients, patients or students above all else, especially their own. At the very least, it should go without saying that a high school teacher who initiates sex with a student fails to live up to this expectation. JS

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.