Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441788 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#312981 - 12/04/09 06:41 PM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: jls]
myboyhoodfears Offline

i agree jls,...my mother was 15 when she got married to my father who was 26, she had my older brother at 16 and me at 19, and was divorced by the time she was 23....by todays standard he (my father) would have been arrested, personally i think he should have been....so social norms might be a predictor as far as how prevalent a particular type of relationship is, but its not a predictor as far the outcomes (how healthy, how long they lasted, and or how positive both parties feel about them)....in other words while it maybe true that in the past these types of relationships were common, there is no proof that they were healthy just because they were common....kinda like how slavery was common in virtually every culture, not because it was a good thing...but because people were ignorant and it was common practice to exploit others who are less empowered in society....not consodered good form these days.

#313024 - 12/05/09 04:07 AM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: sono]
LilacLouie Offline

Loc: Utah
Originally Posted By: sono
Louie,

I would say in that instance your brother is an asshole 1st and foremost and at least a little sick...I mean I've been 32 and 17 year olds definitely felt off limits in no uncertain terms. And, if nothing else outside of fulfilling some sick "barely legal" fantasy, the only other reason you'd go with someone that much younger seems to able to be the controlling partner in the relationship...which undoubtedly would be the case with a 15 year age difference at those ages. We're not talking legal issues now, just reality and people do get into unfortunate relationship dynamics.

sono

Sono, I don't have a brother, but thank you for the thought.

I don't think it's right either. But I also don't think that homosexuality is right. Should that be illegal? What about blacks and whites having sex? Lots of folks think that's illegal.
Now what about the age issue? What if, instead, it's a 30 year old girl and a 65 year old man?

The point is not IF it's illegal. The court said it was. You don't like it? Well, I don't think it's right either. But, she consented and the court said it's legal. At what point do we, people that don't even know her, have the right to tell her or her parents or the guy that fucked her IF what she did was wrong?

Because by those same standards, some of you complain about people trying to make homosexuality wrong and illegal. But you don't think that's right....? How is it right for you to define what's right in sexuality when you don't like it when it's done to you?

I don't like gays. But I really don't care if anyone is gay. Their life, their problem, not mine. If they are happy, go for it. Just don't try doing it with me.

At the same time, if that 17 year old girl consented and the court says there's nothing illegal about it, then who are we to judge?

#313097 - 12/05/09 05:01 PM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: LilacLouie]
jls Offline

"Now what about the age issue? What if, instead, it's a 30 year old girl and a 65 year old man?"

First of all, I wouldn't call a 30 year female a girl. She is a woman, which is precisely what I'm getting at. The age difference per se isn't the issue. Its whether that age difference involves adults having sexual relationships with kids, and yes, 16 and 17 year olds are still kids, who shouldn't be having sexual relationships with adults in general, let alone their teachers.

#313109 - 12/05/09 06:04 PM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: LilacLouie]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Quote:
the court says there's nothing illegal about it, then who are we to judge?

lilaclouie, i think we have a legitimate right to question court decsions,....they suffer from the human condition like anyone and their judgments are not immune from criticism, nor are they written in stone.

#313390 - 12/07/09 04:25 PM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: myboyhoodfears]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
At that age the sentence would be lower, but the teacher would still get fired and barred from teaching over here even if the pupil was of age. A woman got three years for her affair with a 15 year old last month.

Good to see that we don't play that down anymore, English schools have enough problems without child abuse getting in the way.

As for Georgia; any teacher wanting to put this precedent to the test to see if the parents would be okay with sleeping with a student of 16, that's a very big gamble they're taking with their life.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (12/07/09 04:27 PM)

#313464 - 12/07/09 11:41 PM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: myboyhoodfears]
jls Offline

Here in Canada a few years ago there was a case where an adult male was convicted of molesting a 3 year old, but not before the judge considered mitigating circumstances, namely calling the 3 year old sexually provocative. How absurd is that? That case solidified my belief that we should never take the court's decisions at face value. Comicbookguy, I agree with you that no parent would accept their underage children going to school with the knowledge that s/he may be having sex with their teacher while there. Nor should any school teacher think this is appropriate. If they do then they should get out of the business of teaching and stay away from children and underage teenagers altogheter. Sorry to sound so rigid but I'm that black and white about it. JS

#313485 - 12/08/09 12:14 AM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: jls]
myboyhoodfears Offline

a sexually provacative 3 year old????,...now ive heard it all...just goes to show you that even judges are not always the sharpest tools in the shed....bleh.

#313676 - 12/09/09 04:05 AM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: myboyhoodfears]
jls Offline

It just goes to show that with our court system almost everything is considered a defence, regardless of whether a circumstance lives up to the statute involved, or if its just a matter of reading between the lines to gain some common sense. JS

#313744 - 12/09/09 04:37 PM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: jls]
MittensxonxKit Offline

Loc: in a ditch on Highland and Fr...
well to be totally honest...my fiance used to be the student teacher in my sociology class. I wasn't still in his class when we started actually dating...and was legal when we started...that stuff...
But I still don't agree with this...It was a little different with him being a student teacher because he's still technically in college and only 23...most teachers aren't that young....in general 16 year olds shouldn't be sleeping with someone that much older than them...old enough to be a teacher...now if the student is 18 I see nothing wrong with it...because technically you're pretty much legal and by law allowed to make your own decisions...at 16 you aren't an adult yet....

#313911 - 12/10/09 06:04 PM Re: Teacher/Student Sex? [Re: MittensxonxKit]
jls Offline

In a university or college setting a student 18 or older having a sexual relationship with a professor or instructor should be viewed simply as a conflict of interest, not a case of sexual abuse. I would even go as far to say that it wouldn't be a conflict of interest if the university or college student wasn't taking a class from the professor or instructor in question. However, in my view no adult should be having a sexual relationship with underage adolescents, the exception being if there is an age difference of no more than 1 or 2 years i.e. a 17 year old and a 19 year old. However, this rule of thumb should preclude high school teachers having sex with their students since there are no 19 year old high school teachers that I'm aware of. JS

P.S. I like your signature:)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.